Ripped off By All Cars,Maces RD,CHCH

Page 1 / 2
hanne4, Apr 15, 7:58pm
Went there to buy a speedo cluster I needed for wof .$57 & they said I didn;t need a receipt bring back if not working.Had a mechanic put in my car but it didn't go was a bung one so went back to see if I could exchange it for another one or anything else they said NO that I needed to bring receipt(which they never gave me,silly me trusted them) even though the man that sold it to me a few days before said he remembered menow i'm $57 dollars down plus what it cost me for mechanic to put in & take out.SO BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY

sd8888, Apr 15, 8:02pm
serious! I need a auo trans for my suby don't think i'll go there now.

doomy999, Apr 15, 8:46pm
yes, but most wreckers protect themselves by obscurely marking parts so they know if its the same one that's bought back. They should know if its their part.

Imagine a business, that sells parts and doesn't offer or tries to get out of passing on a receipt so that they can pocket the dosh so that the can avoid their tax obligations and avoid having to take back faulty parts.

Kabanz do you seriously think that's ok to treat their customers in this way!
Remember no one is perfect. There are plenty of gullible or too trusting people out there.
"No need for a receipt dear customer, I'll remember you!"
Sooner or later some one is going to get caught out.

If this is what the company is doing, they are totally at fault.

Only thing the original poster can be blamed for is being too trusting or a little silly in not grabbing that receipt.

The company in question should not be running their business the way i have outlined, if it is indeed what they are doing.

The original posters comments would put me off buying from that company if that is indeed how they are treating their customers.
Some one should email this thread to the company in question to give them the right of reply or a big wake up. lol

doomy999, Apr 15, 9:41pm
you could well be right. But I can't see how.
As I said, most wreckers mark their parts. Otherwise how would they know if some one is trying it on by returning their own faulty part and not the original!
But you are right, the company deserve the right of reply, hence the comment at the bottom of my other post.
It will be interesting to see if they reply to this thread, of it the thread just quietly dissapears.:-)

cocabowla, Apr 15, 11:55pm
what are the chances of 2 speedo's being faulty ! sounds to me like the fault lies elsewhere & if you were silly enough to walk out without a receipt despite what they Supposedly said more fool you.

NZTools, Apr 16, 12:54am
"here's your receipt sir." "Nah just file it"

doomy999, Apr 16, 3:26am
No need to apologise for being acynic.
You could very well be right and I could be way off the mark.
Im more than open to that fact that I could be wrong.Just my thoughts for now.
It'll be interesting to see what all cars say. I sent them a link to this thread this morning.
I wonder if they check their email. lol

elect70, Apr 16, 3:33am
did you pay cash or card, if cash it may be going in his pocket not the companieshence no receipt .

thejazzpianoma, Apr 16, 4:20am
If you paid eftpos just grab a printout from the bank showing you made a purchase on that day from them for that amount. Remember they should have records matching the amount paid to what the part actually is etc.
That should be more than enough proof and if they turn that down then I would be making a serious fuss if I was you.

vag.central, Apr 16, 5:05am
Most of the time wreckers will not waranty electronic parts because there could be a fault with your car causing the inctrument cluster to die

superdave0_13, Apr 16, 6:16am
A receipt is only one way to provide a proof of purchase.If the salesperson remembers selling the customer the part then surely the purchase has been proven.

im_andrew, Apr 16, 6:21am
What kind of car is it! I would put my money on the sender being faulty.

hanne4, Apr 16, 8:11am
I was to niave & trusting.The man at Car yard remembered we had brought it & what we paid for it.In future we will make sure to get receipts even whenthey want cash ,which is what we paid in if we'd used a card we would have been able to have receipt but man behind counter remembered that was their part,had not been interfered with & how much we paid.We would have liked cash back or would have been happy to swap for another one or something else.As our car is 1985Pulsar it is going to need parts as it gets older my sister had it from new & I brought it off her last year when she got a new car.I certainly won't be going back there again & have heard since talking to people that All Cars Auto Dismantlershave a bad reputation which we didn't know at the time.But we live & learn.

im_andrew, Apr 16, 8:14am
Im not familiar with old nissans, but Id say the speedo on one of those would be cable driven!

mitchell_nz2005, Apr 16, 9:16am
All cars is crap i told them i wntd a 93 mitsibishi lancer gsr cd5a front window screen and i got a mirage one went to go put it in they got the old one owt came back a hours later and they said it didnt fit . I rung all cars they told me id have to go back to them and change it ive only got one car it was there fault and they wanted me to drive with no front window back to them. So i ended up paying more for a brand new one and they then tried to tell me they didnt want it back because i didnt give them the chance to replace it with the right one useless idoits

quickstitch, Apr 16, 10:37pm
i would return the sender at midnight thru the biggest window pane.

franc123, Apr 16, 10:59pm
What was surprising here is that the OP wasn't even grateful that a wrecker would still have a replacement speedo for something that old.They were probably BOTH suffering from that ancient Nissan disease of warped needles that stick on the face and give false readings, a "snip of the tip" to stop it contacting the face of the gauge or another needle altogether probably would have fixed it.Did the repairer know what they were doing!
As for shagging around with second hand windscreens, why bother!Get an extension on your insurance cover and make the whole issue of broken or unwarrantable glass someone elses problem!Many windscreen fitters do it on site these days, a couple of phonecalls and no stress.

crzyhrse, Apr 16, 11:07pm
I'm sure he was grateful until the wrecker stitched him up with a faulty one and wouldn't replace it because he didn't have the receipt he said he didn't need the day before.

Ungrateful b'stard that customer, eh! Imagine expecting him to honour his word! I mean, who does that!

zephyrheaven, Apr 17, 8:45am
I use Fast Autoglass all the time, get a quote from a dismantler for a 2nd hand screen these days - Fast are like $175 fitted for most stuff (trade) & the guys are onto it / fast & really nice to deal with

easygoer, Apr 17, 9:59am
The worker pocketing the cash would be my guess also, go to the manager or owner and discuss it, he may be interested in what you have to say

franc123, Apr 17, 10:43am
Eggzakary!Trying to cut urethane screens out of old wrecks in one piece is plain silliness.

glennch, Apr 17, 11:25pm
I had similar promblem with AllCars brought a part it didn;t work even though they said it did work.Itook it to an AA Mechanic to fit it & they said you could tell just by looking at it it wouldn't work & to take it back staight away as he had also heard that they rip people off which I did only about half an hour since I brought it & took it back I also had paid cash & they said I didn't need receipt talked to same guy who sold it to me ,he said no exchange or refund as I didn't have a receipt.Lesson learned always get a receipts.I think a lot of deals of cash there go under the counter.

doomy999, Apr 17, 11:34pm
Hi Kazbanz.^

Looks like I could win this one. lol

craigscar, Apr 18, 12:47am
i was ripped two times he cant give refunds but gives woodford speedway lots of dollars

richynuts, Apr 18, 2:57am
Heard some very bad stories about these guys, best to stay away