Wheel spacers. Does anyone know what thickness space to use for fitting j31 maxima 17s to a 1999 a33 maxima cheers

Page 2 / 2
demons, Apr 14, 11:52pm
like i said squat.

big.b-lil.c, Apr 14, 11:55pm
legal or not i personally would not use spacers. i would just get rims that did what i wanted. be careful with the offset it can lead to excessive wheel bearing wear. the last thing you want is a wheel bearing to collapse at 100kph. some of the knowledgeable and helpfull people on here will be able to recommend maximum offsets

smac, Apr 15, 12:10am
People are confusing the rules, with what some inspectors and/or certifiers choose to allow. The question "will I get away with it." is different from "am I allowed to.".

The thing with WOF's is, many spacers are impossible to see/detect without removing the wheel.

big.b-lil.c, Apr 15, 1:06am
the insurance company's on the other hand know have no doubt if you will get away with it or not.

crash-hdd, Apr 15, 5:28am
been doing some more research and i believe my A33 maxima is +40 and a J31 maxima is +46 for off set.please correct me if i'm wrong

offrd1, Apr 15, 8:27am
Yes that may be true BUT i specifically asked if my wheel spacers needed to be certed.I Asked the cert guy plus the warrant people,i was not trying to hide anything.i'm not trying to be a smart arse as i really have not a clue what the law is that s why i asked

smac, Apr 15, 8:20pm
Wasn't getting at you, you asked a perfectly sensible question.

What I'm saying is, frequently people come on this board and ask "is it ok/legal to do XX" and people answer with "I did it and didn't get stopped" and people think that is the correct answer.

The answer to "do my spacers need certing" depends entirely on the car; whether or not it has factory/manufacturer approved ones.

demons, Apr 16, 3:20am
VNTZ takanini ,and wot does paying them a visit mean are you a gang member or just a keyboard warrior or something.there berk

crash-hdd, Apr 16, 1:21pm
wow is this what it comes too.i didn't know it was such a gray area.it looks like to me it comes down to the person at the time.not the company policy or law

im_andrew, Apr 16, 7:34pm
Berg is a special kind of vehicle inspector mate, he could probably have the place audited.

mrfxit, Nov 7, 9:48am
LMFAO . So you can honestly notice the effect of spacing your wheel track spacing out a TOTAL of 20mm (10mm per side) ON the same tyres & rims
Note: Wheel spacing & NOT hub assembly spacing.

WOW, I never knew ppl could be so sensitive to changes like that on a road car.
LOL, thats not even the difference between a single size UP or down on tyre size widths.