Car Stereo opinions

kandjaja, Mar 28, 5:00am
Looking at replacing the stereo in the van, just a single cd tuner with aux input for a ipod, quite a fan of Kenwood, but am also looking at JVC and Panasonic.what say you! Cheers

buyme3, Mar 28, 5:07am
Pioneer or alpine. Classy reliable and plenty of usefull features. Not too much of the gimmicy rubbih

gunhand, Mar 28, 5:11am
JVC seem stupidly complicated, you have to refer to instructions to do simple things where others just kinda make sence lol.

1fordluva, Mar 28, 6:12am
I reckon whistling is better.

cowboy110, Mar 28, 6:24am
Pioneer for me, for no other reason than.I've had a good run out of Pioneer so haven't looked elsewhere when I'm buying car audio.

johnf_456, Mar 28, 6:29am
Pioneer personally here to ,fantastic gear never given me issues.

carkitter, Mar 28, 8:50am
My preference is for Sony and Alpine headunits.
In a Repco catalogue (that expired today) I saw this:
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay!storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666086157#features
.which I though was quite ingenious. It's an AM/FM tuner MP3 player without a CD player. In the space where the CD mechanism should go is a hidden shelf and USB/iPod connector. Play your digital music files, keep your gadget out of sight and consign your CD's to history. Watch the embedded video and read the reviews too.

saxman99, Mar 28, 10:29pm
I have four vehicles, when I bought our van I went and got a Pioneer for it with USB cababilities, plugged in the USB stick full of music and away it went.I was so impressed with it I went and bought 3 more and replaced all of the stereos in the other cars with one.

scotthurst01, Sep 6, 4:41pm
+1 The head unit in my car has been there for almost 7 years, never once had an issue with it.

Can't say as much for the sony I had for just on a year. none of the controls on the front panel worked properly, wouldn't eject the cd most of the time.