Why is check abs coming up on dashboard?

Page 2 / 2
nave12, Mar 19, 10:32pm
Woops just read your comment above while writing my movie script hehe,it is 100% normal for the abs light to come on for a few secs when turning the car on and then go out,it just tells you that everything is working fine.

farnortherner, Mar 19, 10:34pm
Before I do the above of what you have said to clean the sensors by removing wheel, is the check abs light supposed to come on then go off is that normal! as he has said thats normal on jap cars but mine is ford!

farnortherner, Mar 19, 10:36pm
Oh Thankyou very much, yous are a great help for me, I just want to know My car is fit for the road, as we have travelled along way to get away from christchurch, all we have is the car so thats all I now own.And to get away to be safe I really wanted to know if the car is safe.I did the spanner thing this morning and it came off. So does that just let me know that there is a service due on the car!

jasongroves, Mar 19, 10:37pm
Yes, service due.

farnortherner, Mar 19, 10:41pm
Ok Thank you, I will do the oil change myself though thats easy enough, Thank yous so much. Much appreciated.

jasongroves, Mar 19, 10:47pm
Service entails a bit more than an oil change;)
But of course that depends on Kms and what has already been done.

carkitter, Aug 8, 7:14pm
I would say it is, in that the braking system will still work fine. The ABS warning light tells you that the ABS (which activates under extreme braking conditions) MAY or MAY NOT activate to provide extra safety. You should drive accordingly and have an authorised Ford service agent look at the car asap.

The braking system and the ABS are deliberately separate so that an ABS failure cannot take down the main braking system. It's a design standard that all manufacturers adhere to.