Toyota crown coupe

vigzell, Feb 6, 4:27am
Hi everyone. I am looking for a 1970's Toyota crown coupe. Is there anyone out there that knows of one for sale!

sheepey, Feb 6, 4:35am
Trader"staniley"has one but i dont know if it is his or if it's for sale.You could ask on one of his listings!Good luck.

woody1946, Feb 6, 4:40am
Good luck finding one of those, nice car in its day, but they did suffer badly with rust

vigzell, Feb 6, 5:38am
Thanks sheepy. Are you the same person that posted on old school as sheeper!

taipan4, Feb 6, 5:40am
I used to marvel at these cars as the taillights were like nothing we had seen before& at night they were like a disco set up LOL

vigzell, Feb 12, 10:04am
Still looking anyone else know of one.

phillip.weston, Feb 12, 6:39pm
nah david is in auckland. Who are you on OS!

the-lada-dude, Feb 13, 12:14am
wow. i had a '72 crown sedan, wicked car but o'l man time and a dodgy auto put it on death row !
the coupe looks even better

vigzell, Feb 13, 3:37am
not on os. His os page came up on a google search. Is staniley a friend of yours!

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 3:41am
is that the model with the kinda wrap-around front indicators! i've always suspected that they must have been styled by an american, does anyone know for sure!

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 3:42am
(p.s indicators or parklights)

vigzell, Feb 13, 3:49am
that is the one. Have seen a lot of left hand drive ones on the net so it may have been modelled for the american market.

roadkillcafe, Feb 13, 4:05am
possibly so, but more than that, i reckon by the look of them that the weren't styled by a japanese person back in the day, more to the point they look 70's american styled.

rozendaal, Feb 15, 4:18am
I had some mates who dropped Chevy v8s into their coupes. Terrifying to drive in the wet though! Lovely cars in their day

sheepey, Feb 15, 4:31am
They were fitted with 4.1 falcon motors and 253/308 holden v8s more commonly around here, as were the datsun 240/260c's.There were a number of those coupes here in Dunedin, all red or that cow shit green. Someone that worked for Thrifty tyres herehad one for a long while.

rozendaal, Feb 15, 4:47am
It was Dunedin in the early 80s! Does that make Dunedin an official bogan town! I always thought Timaru took the title overall.

sheepey, Feb 15, 5:06am
Na, it's gore and invers.Sure to find one down there!Our stadiums made us all too broke to drive anything with a decent motor in it. :)

pinga08, Feb 15, 6:36pm
yep staniley has one sitting in his shed it has a v8 sitting in it saw it myself when i was down there last week.

poppajn, Feb 16, 3:01am
The very original one that was in Gore has gone to Cromwell with it,s long term owner.

kseries, Feb 16, 3:25am
I have one :) could be for sale for the right price

guest, Mar 11, 9:31am
I have one, mint interior, motor runs, reg on hold, barely any rust. in chch, whats your offer?