57 Chev 2 Door repower complete

Page 1 / 2
wizzbikz, Feb 12, 12:08am
Imported a Clean 57 with no motor or trans. Had long hard think about it and decided on 05 Mustang motor & box plus changed diff to 5 link coil overs with 9 inch. Test drove it sat and boy what a car

carstauranga001, Feb 12, 12:12am
So you repowered a Chev with Ford mechanicals! Why!

locky6, Feb 12, 12:12am
Well, come on then! Pics please! Youre brave putting in Ford running gear but good on ya. Sounds awesome.

carstauranga001, Feb 12, 12:23am
Yea, pics or this is just a wind up.

rlr29, Feb 12, 12:31am
I think I died even more when I realised it would be LHD

wizzbikz, Feb 12, 12:53am
How many oldFords do you see with chevs in them! TOO many So i thought I would do Chev with Ford , PICs to follow car gone to paint shop

wizzbikz, Feb 12, 12:54am
You will get pics when back from paint shop

chris_051, Feb 12, 12:59am
05 mustang motor. 4.6 dohc!
Why would you bother when the LSx engine punch out more power stock, are lighter, and physically smaller, not to mention the largest aftermarket support of any engine out there.
At a guess that car is probably not even worth half of what it would be in original condition or atleast with a sbc in it.
Out of interest is it pillarless! What sort of price range did you pay for her!

quickstitch, Feb 12, 1:01am
revenge is sweet. I like the idea of doing a ford repower to a classic chev, maybe a 68 camaro or early corvette. Are you gonna put a 'piss on Chev' sticker on the back window !

fordkiwi27, Feb 12, 1:05am
half the price with a ford in it! nope

wizzbikz, Feb 12, 1:17am
Yes pillarless, Bought it in a deal with 2 CAT 20ton diggers and 4 v8 diesel CAT motors the Guy has had it sitting in the back of his workshop for years. Well I have been calling on this guy for 15 years and its been there all this time. SO how much did I pay for it ! well I called it $4000 us in the dealhe called it $6500 us. If I sell the Diggers and motors at 25% on it will owe me FA. Have priced the diggers and motors at 60% on,

wizzbikz, Feb 12, 1:19am
NO I love CHEVs & FORDs but hate those little jap fkas

chris_051, Feb 12, 2:13am
ahh ok thanks, I'm looking at a rolling shell 56 pillarless 2dr buying sight unseen southern states car so looks pretty dry for about the same figures as you mention above, kinda hard to gague a price on them, but the 2dr pillarless and drop tops seem to go for good coin.

cowboy110, Feb 12, 4:53am
Well done on your car.Good to see another 57 owner on the board.They're certainly head turners and I hope you have a great time with it.As for your choice of engine.I might have to get back to ya on that one.

paull, Feb 12, 6:31am
haha brilliant,,, sure to cause a stir around the village. hope ya got big shoulders mate cause the abuse will be free and forthcoming.
great idea and would make me chuckle if i came across it

lookoutas, Feb 12, 7:12am
It's a bit like one-way racism.
People have dropped Chevs into Fords for years, and what's worse, they're still doing it. But the minute someone drops a Ford into a Chev, they go all cry-baby.

In saying that - I wouldn't do it.

Hey wiss - Deal done exactly how I would suggest, just don't put it in print.

But we've still got the best diff!

lookoutas, Feb 12, 7:12am
It's a bit like one-way racism.
People have dropped Chevs into Fords for years, and what's worse, they're still doing it. But the minute someone drops a Ford into a Chev, they go all cry-baby.

In saying that - I wouldn't do it.

But we've still got the best diff!

Hey wiss - Deal done exactly how I would suggest, just don't put it in print.

chicos3, Feb 12, 8:49am
Ha, years ago in ch ch I had a chopped to doored 55 chev, yellow radiused rear guards, steel tilt front, 9 inch, falcon slotties and wait for it a 390 with fmx out of one of jumbo berrymans customlies. And yes painted eng orange, welded in chev emblems to rocker covers!.Still remember the smirk when eddie fairburn had a peek!, called me a tosser the jerk!. them were the days.

owene, Feb 12, 9:42am
Are you the same bloke that converted a LH drive to RH drive with a chain and two bicycle sprockets!

snoopy221, Feb 12, 11:18am
Imported a Clean 57 with no motor or trans.

And she'd be a a pPainlessd.///////Pilar less.-

ONYA.-

snoopy221, Feb 12, 11:19am
Personally i'd shove aV8 toyott up it.

whqqsh, Feb 12, 4:41pm
I know a guy with a 302 Windsor in a '39 Chev & hes in the process of doing the same to a '57 Chev. thats rodding, just throw together what your prefer

jason18, Feb 12, 6:16pm
Nothing wrong with ford with chev or chev with ford. Hell my brother has a toyota v8 in his hot rod. As long as it goes who gives a shit!

alltorque350, Feb 12, 6:24pm
You should have used one of the cat diesels

noswalg, Feb 12, 8:52pm
Hell yes, imagine doing burnouts like this in front of the greenies http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=CpjPIj1YF0M