Looking at buying a Mazda 3

leesil, Feb 16, 8:40am
Generally they're about 25000 for a 2009-2011 basic model and a bit over 30000 for a SP25 or sport model. I really like the extra features of the SP25. How long do you think it will be before the SP25's come down in price to around $25,000!

mugenb20b, Feb 16, 8:49am
18 months.

bikernutrr, Feb 16, 8:51am
Why not buy a brand new car for that money.

bjdw, Feb 16, 8:55am
Missus bought an 06.It has pretty bad visibility for backing, made worse by the fact that she's a short a55.Might be worth looking at.

leesil, Feb 16, 6:12pm
Thanks for the tip. I also heard that there's quite a lot of road noise. Despite the flaws, nothing else really grabs my attention. They're a great looking car.

mugenb20b, Feb 16, 6:21pm
Yes they are, except for the smiley face grille design.

stevo2, Feb 16, 11:56pm
We have no probs with rearward visibility but there is a fair amount of road noise. Better tyres certainly helped there though.
The later models quitened down a bit (not sure what year but mid/late 2000's)
Overall a very nice car and I would happily recommend.
Cheers Stevo

berg, Feb 17, 12:06am
Big brother had them as work cars in his last job and loved them to bits. They seem to be a big seller for Mazda

ninja_man, Feb 17, 12:32am

gman35, Feb 17, 2:17am
Possibly because a brand new car at that money is rubbish compared ! BTW We have an 04 SP23 - great car which won't make you fall asleep like a Corolla etc , lots of road noise though as everyone knows. But we just put some new Kumho tyres on and it rides alot nicer on the 17" wheels and is quieter. Our 4sp auto is not THE most economical car of it's size (though the facelift 05-08 SP23 and "current shape" SP25's will be 5sp) but goes very well and I imagine a manual would be quicker and the mps turbo would fly! Don't like the overly large smiley grill or the Dame Edna tail lights of the current model so much though , but would accept the mps if given one , however if the next model is anything like the upcoming Mazda 6 apparently is (look up recent motor show) It could be one of the best looking small-med. cars.

darryl, Feb 17, 2:29am
I've got a 2011 GSX - great car, very happy with it.

Even the big smiley face.

gman35, Feb 17, 3:33am
Yes , all brands now seem to be using a "corporate face" in the grill area , I have even got used to Audi's goatee , and the next Mondeo will be very Aston-ish ,but to me both Peugeot and Mazda have some "fine-tuning" to do , But again , check out pics of the new Maz 6 (I can't post a link sorry) , It looks great. (But Subaru seems to have lost the styling plot over their whole car now unfortunately , the next Impreza is a right minger). It's all personal pref. I guess but some current designers need shot.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 17, 3:44am
Check out the Golf and Audi A3 (same car different shell) if you havn't. I like the Mazda but the Golf will give you the power and fun without the thirst and the transmission is much better.
Not sure when Mazda changed to the 5 speed auto but the 4 speed is ajoke in a nice modern car. I like the concept of the Mazda 3 though especially in manual, although I like the Golf a lot more.

Best of luck!

trdbzr, Feb 17, 4:17am
The Mazda 3 is a fun car to drive. Handles well and is actually economical. Itsalso a lot more reliable than a Golf. The Mazda 3 even outsold the Commodore in Oz, which is a pretty huge achievement.

gman35, Feb 17, 4:19am
I feel a fight coming on re : the reliability !

thejazzpianoma, Feb 17, 4:28am
Nah he's just a silly troll. Anyone can do a search and see that.

thejazzpianoma, Feb 17, 4:28am
Nah he's just a silly troll. Anyone can do a search and see he is just a loser who follows me from thread to thread being a silly child.

He even admitted to deliberately trolling me in a thread a while back. I would quote it but the thread was deleted.

trdbzr, Feb 17, 4:33am
Im not trolling, im just stating the facts. Anyone can research and see that. The OP can look at other threads and see how delusional and one eyed Jazz is, so it would be best not to believe anything he says because its not fair or balanced or factual. The question you should be asking yourself is why so many aussies shunned your beloved Golf and bought a Mazda 3 instead.

skull, Feb 17, 5:16am
Don't just pick on the Golf.they shunned EVERYTHING and bought a Mazda 3.