Compliance Cert question?

no1niki, Feb 18, 6:18am
Can someone tell me if it makes any difference the tyre size on a little 4wd! Its a Honda CRV & have taken the wheels off a Honda Prelude to put on it. Both were 15" but the CRV's were higher so it looks alittle odd now with the Preludes.will this make any difference or not! Plus what other things will they really be looking hard at! Its in pretty good condition

unbeatabull, Feb 18, 6:25am
What are the two tyre profiles in question! Pretty sure it is 20% of original rolling circumference is ok providing it clears everything, fits inside the guards and no wheel spacers etc required

no1niki, Feb 18, 6:57am
Ok the originals on it were 205/70/15 & the one's from the Prelude that are now on it are 205/55/15, is that going to pass!

unbeatabull, Feb 18, 7:17am
Thats roughly a 10% difference so you should be fine, your speedo etc won't be accurate though (Will read 10% faster then what your doing)

lookoutas, Feb 18, 7:24am
Hear no evil
See no evil
SPEAK NO EVIL
and you'll be OK

no1niki, Feb 18, 7:35am
Oh god thats not good.ok i plan to put the originals back on.just wanted the cert done for starters, as am paying for the cert & rego & plates etc all at once, so to break it up abit thats what my plan was & get new rubber's on it in a few weeks & swap back. No i wasnt going to tell them, thats why come in here lol. Someone was saying they nit pick more than a general WOF.i hope not, i dont think there is anything else much wrong, just fixed a tiny bit of rust under the roof rack where it was mounted.will that be ok!

terckon, Feb 18, 8:33am
For compliance, your CRV will be stripped apart for the inspection which is a very harsh inspection compared to a WOF. It is not nit picking, the rules are completely different. Rust repairs or corrosion, if found, may require Repair Certification which can be expensive. Tyre sizes will be recorded on their checksheet (there is normally a sticker on the drivers side B pillar with the factory tyre sizes) so leave the original wheels and tyres on as they could ask for LVV Certification for the downgrade in tyre sizes. which could involve a speedo calibration also. With the wrong size tyres your speedo will read 100kph when you are travelling at 90kph. Hope this helps.

no1niki, Feb 18, 8:51am
OMG! This isnt good! I dont mind the stripping as i already knew that & know it takes a good full day possibly rollling over to the next. But all this tyre stuff & now the rust repair is freaking me out. The rust repair is very well done, but no not by a garage. Should i take it in for a pre-check maybe! But get some rubbers put onto the original tyres might be the way to go, i really dont need all that headache as im traveling out of town to get this as is cheaper than back home.

sred69, Feb 18, 7:20pm
if it has had rust repairs then it WILL need certifying by a repair certifyer it doesn't matter who it was done by. this is about $400 not including any further repairs, get this all sorted before you got to VTNZ/AA for the vehicle certification as you only have 20 working days to do any other repairs otherwise you have to pay again.

no1niki, Feb 19, 2:13am
Yep i know about the so many working days if needs work. I actually wasnt aware i'd need any until this thread, im gutted! But so pleased i came in to ask.as i actually wanted to take it in for a Precheck 2weeks ago just "incase" it needed something.but was told by afew people not to bother it's in good nic & will fly through.nather Tui Ad!! (was previously owned by an older lady who had it parked up in her garage unused hence the running out of the system). GUTTING! It is booked in for Tuesday 3hrs away! Thank you everyone for all the advice, much appreciated.

terckon, Feb 19, 5:37am
Put it through for the inspection. See what repairs are required for Certification and sort it. Never, ever let the rego die, place it on hold.

no1niki, Feb 19, 8:55pm
Yes i know that terckon.it didnt belong to me when the rego lapsed, it was in some ladys garage unused for couple of years, when i brought it it was already out of the system, looks mint, just tyres worn & the tiniest bit of rust at the 2 front roof rack mounts which have been fixed & looks mint. I have rebooked it this morning & will take it through for a precheck this week. What a headache!