Anyone have a BMW tool turns out airbag light

surfernz22, Feb 27, 10:39pm
Light turns off after 90 secs but cant get warrant cause of lightwont turn off straight awayAnyone have thetool thatswitches off airbag light pl orwhere you can get one.

redmouse, Feb 27, 11:49pm
Hammer!

sharchew, Feb 27, 11:53pm
Get the Mechanic to reset it he should have the gear at his workshop if he is a good Mechanic.

saxman99, Feb 27, 11:54pm
If a fault remains the light will not behave even after a reset, you need to rectify the fault.

carmedic, Feb 27, 11:54pm
+1
I can??

attitudedesignz, Feb 28, 1:20am
OP, check the web for a "car medic"(remove the space) in Napier, i'm sure he could help.

pup2, Feb 28, 1:49am

buyme3, Feb 28, 1:50am
Dash pulls out wit two screws, pull bulb out, take ya five mins

pup2, Feb 28, 1:56am
WOF fail as light doesn't come on

elect70, Feb 28, 3:39am
Look at unuthoirised BMWtells how to make own resettoolsorwhich pins to bridge,site is full of good info for DIY BMW owners

carmedic, Feb 28, 3:49am
Link!
However,I think you??

shadowzz, Oct 27, 1:18am
Will this do the job!
Listing #: 526816083

jmma, Oct 27, 4:06am
Thread from Feb, think the job might be done by now (o:

shadowzz, Oct 27, 4:39am
Nah! It'll have to be done again and again on every BMW in the country until they taken to pickapart. Maybe we should be able to borrow a reset tool from the library or video shop, since BMW intends to charge $50 a reading, from a device that cost $12 to make in China.

raymond00001, Oct 27, 5:09am
Just wire the light in paralell with one of the circuits that is not faulty

carclan, Oct 27, 6:59am
Try a fire axe, but be careful as if you miss air bag light you might hit the oil pressure light.

carclan, Oct 27, 6:59am
Try a fire axe, but be careful as if you miss theair bag light you might hit the oil pressure light.

shadowzz, Oct 29, 12:52am
I had a warning light not showing so I removed the instruments to check the bulbs. I didn't want to take off the steering wheel so I pulled the instruments through the wheel, but as I turned the wheel it locked the steering. To unlock the steering Ihad to reconnect the battery which because the dash was out signaled a fault in the SRS. So now to get a warrant I must
1. pay $50 for a reset
2. pay $65 for a reset tool
3. parallel wire the SRS light to one of the other lights by removing the instruments again.
4. operate the light with a remote switch.
or 5. operate the car without a warrent or registration or insurance.

chebry, Oct 29, 1:04am
Bavarian money waster true to label

persh, Nov 1, 7:26am
How about actually spending some money and fixing the airbag fault - it may save your life! Or is your life or the lives of your family not worth that!

shadowzz, Nov 26, 3:40am
There is no airbag fault. The fault light was triggered by turning the steering lock when the dash was out but the battery was connected.

carclan, Nov 26, 3:51am
Better just to take it to BMW or buy the tool, saves alot of hassle

shadowzz, Nov 30, 7:32am
Nah hit it with a truck, turns off all the lights.