Toyota estima's 2000+ any probs

Page 3 / 3
sheepey, Mar 2, 10:08pm
Wrong.By his own actions in calling people who both have and share their ownopinion "trolls and Knuckle draggers" there obviously is. He talks on here as though his is the only opinion that matters and behaves in almost "school teacher" way.

carchic, Mar 3, 2:27am
thanks guys, so the overall opinions is ok, it wil be alot of around town driving and be good on long trips but not that often, just want moreroom to take the kids around i did like the ipsum but there is no leg room.Which is okay now while kids in carseats but when they are older or i have adults in the car it will be hard, and of course the great extra of getting a fat arse! Thanks guys. =o)

skiff1, Mar 3, 3:07am
nice burn

kazbanz, Mar 3, 4:41am
Heya carchic- Look I get this sort of feedback all the time.
I do have to question your logic though. -not to be nasty but for you to concider this.
How long are you gonna keep the vehicle!If say 4 years--Just how big will those kids be in four years time! if in boosters nowtheyll be up to say 10 which is still lots of room for kids.
The adult thing I'd argue -USUALLY theres at least 5 adult sized seats and at a squeaze an ipsum isn't bad for carrying 7 adults.
Just something to concider before leaping to the big vehicle.
Incidently I have 6 kids and prefer smaller people movers most of the time

extrayda, Mar 3, 5:43am
7 adults in an Ipsum! Really! I have only been in the older shape one, and they would have to be pretty small adults.Admittedly I'm 6'4" and not small, but even my son would be pretty squashed up in the back.I also like the 6 x 3 point belts in the Estima, older people movers still tend to have the lap belt in the middle.Newer ones are probably better for that.Good point re how long people keep their vehicles though - I tend to keep mine until they are pretty worn out, so would definitely be keeping it for more than 4 years (more likely to be 10!).Do any of the 2002 and older people movers have 3 point belts for at least 6 of the occupants (not taking the piss here, I'm interested to know, and I'm sure you've seen a lot more of them than I have).

jsbike, Mar 3, 7:49am
yet if you search "DSG BOX" on youtube, far and away most of the videos are of some fault or another with them.

kazbanz, Mar 3, 7:53am
Short version re the new ipsum--think Odyssey and you have a better idea of the size of it--NOTHING like the old school Ipsum. This means 2 adult passengers have just ok legroom and three have reasonable. -given all are around 5.9 in height;
re 3 point belts --ALL modern people movers have3 point belts for the outside edge passengers --Iethe driver and 5 other people.
What isn't usually possible is getting 7 or 8 3 point belts

extrayda, Mar 3, 7:57am
Thanks Kaz, when the Cefiro finally gives up the ghost I will have to check one out (we use the Estima for family outings, it's a pain that my wagon cant fit everyone).I found a nice H1 Hummer 6 seater wagon on TM several months back, but the Mrs just wasn't sold on the idea.

jenny188, Mar 3, 12:26pm
thejazzpianoma wrote:
The Estima is quite bulky and thirsty. There are better alternatives which will cost half as much to run, but they are not Japanese so you won't get any sensible opinions on those from this
forum.[/quote

Ouch. I have worked for 7 years as a repo driver for a car hire firm. Have done 200 thousand kilometers for them in this time. Driven dozens of previa's and estima's. Got 1 puncture. Fuel economy is good for a 7/8 seater, power and comfort are reasonable. With 5 kids, I would seriously consider buying one. Rental fleet is mainly the 2.4 model. They don't crash test too well , so don't go looking for trouble