WOF after vehicle being off the road for a year.

bjdw, Mar 24, 7:10pm
If I take a vehicle for a WOF that has been on hold for about a year after failing a WOF, will the reasons for it failing come up on the computer when I take it in to get WOFed.

gammelvind, Mar 24, 7:13pm
Maybe but they will probably find and fail it for the same reasons if you haven't fixed them.

bjdw, Mar 24, 7:18pm
There is one little rust hole in the rain gutter alongsidethe window on the passenger door that they wrote need to be welded and left exposed for re inspection.It's only about 2 or 3mm.I was contemplating puttying it. It would be a big job to fix for such a tiny hole.

gadgit3, Mar 24, 7:58pm
The fail on the computer stays there till the car is dereged so yea it's still visible.but the reasons for the fail only come up as codes like RUST or LIGHTS or TYRES it dosn't say where the rust is or what light isn't working or cracked or what the tyre fails on.

mugenb20b, Mar 24, 8:14pm
I don't think so.

sandypheet, Mar 24, 8:24pm
Yes the fault codes stay untill a new wof has been issued.

bjdw, Mar 24, 8:29pm
Another thing. I'm gonna be cutting out some rust myself and giving it a clean up before I take it to a welder.What can I put on the bare metal between me cleaning it nd getting it to the welder so it doesn't get surface rust in the mean time. (Might be upto a couple of months in between).

Would fish oil be good!

motorboy2011, Mar 24, 9:37pm
so basically he cant fail it on the wof spot IF he cant see it as the previous wof fail wont say where the rust was

sred69, Mar 25, 4:36am
if he see's the bog and suspects that it is hiding the corrosion he may fail you and ask you to remove the bog to inspect the repair. he may even not notice it and pass it, chance you take.
if you got corrosion that needs repairing by cutting out and patch's welded in then leave to the welder to cut out and repair it wouldn't take him long to cut out and clean up with a grinder/cut off die and he would then know where to weld to. you can then rust treat the repair till you get it painted.