DODGY car dealer in Hamilton not registered

Page 1 / 2
ryla123, Mar 27, 2:20am
Brought car off Yasin Khalaf 1997 Suzuki Cultus wagon were assured it was a mint car brand new wof Full service and a new radiater. day after we got it we notice it leaking oil I tell the guy he just says was mint when I had it and that he delt it so basically our problem now. next time we drive it it breaks down so we refill with water and oil again for secnd time since we got it then the next time we drive it (3rd time driven) it breaks down again! this time it wont start again. had to get it towed back to TA and the mechanics tell us its fucked and needs a new motor apparently dropped water and cooked. As he is dealing many cars and not registered as a dealer (I have checked) I am sending complaint to MVTR letting them know he is dealing illegally which carries a 15-200k fine. He has been offered a deal (to pay half of what its going to cost to get new motor put in) and he has refused claiming the car was mint when he had it. Also taking it to the disputes tribunal as I have spoken to community law and she told me should be able to get him to pay full amount of repairs or half at the very least so it is a good offer. Sorry but Mint cars dont blow up when people havnt even had them a fortnight and drive very carefully at all times as we have young kids. Anyone buying from this man or his family be very careful

andy61, Mar 27, 2:34am
Did you BROUGHT or BOUGHT the car! If you Brought it ,where did you bring it!

hopie, Mar 27, 2:44am

trogedon, Mar 27, 2:56am
You lost me at the SWEAR WORD.

bellky, Mar 27, 3:01am
This is unfortunate for you OP.

trdbzr, Mar 27, 3:19am
So did you get a mechanical inspection done on the car before you bought it! He isn't a registered car dealer so I don't think CGA applies, even though he sells a lot of cars and should be registered. Its two different issues really. Ultimately you have bought the car 'privately'. Does he sell cars on trademe!

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 27, 3:24am
Poor little precious. Bless your eyes.

bellky, Mar 27, 3:26am
If the seller is 'In Trade' the CGA applies.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 27, 3:29am
That's operator error. It's a 15 y.o. car so it could happen at any time.

bellky, Mar 27, 3:33am
Do you finish work all angry and need a vent tinyrockyhorror!

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 27, 3:59am
You should ask 'bless my eyes' that.

ryla123, Mar 27, 4:07am
It had only done 140,000ks and I think he mainly sells on sella not sure if hes also on Trademe just a warning if anyone comes by him I wouldnt trust him far as I can kick him. SOrry about the swear word understandably I am pretty pissed off. We had to get a loan to get the car and we really needed one that guy knew this all and deliberately took advantage.

ryla123, Mar 27, 4:08am
And it got oil and water put in it every day we had it! If it was MINT like the scumbag said it would not have needed that

lordv81, Mar 27, 4:24am
Was it the guy that operates on Thomas road in Rototuna!theres a guy there that sells heaps of cars.He has at least seven or more parked on the side of the road for sale at any one time.He is chinese though.

ryla123, Mar 27, 4:44am
Nah Batholomew Drive on facebook his girlfriend just tried saying her dad is the one that had them in his name and hes registered as a dealer I checked his name is Wayne Ellis and he is also NOT registered. They are all a pack of lieing scumbags

moosie_21, Mar 27, 4:44am
Whoops. Take it as a learning curve, and good luck getting him to cough up. I would never buy a car off the side of the road.

moosie_21, Mar 27, 4:47am
You know you could always get one of your friends to take his most expensive cars for a ride, fang the absolute b****s out of it, destroy the entire thing and bring it back saying, "sorry, wasn't as mint as you said", then do a runner. Kharma's a beach.

ryla123, Mar 27, 4:57am
Lol well the lawyer I spoke to seems to think we have a pretty good case especially hes dealing illegally so he will still be made to comply with the consumers act or something. Plus Im reporting him and his father inlaw and Gf to MVTA so hopefully he gets a nice big fine too

sr2, Mar 27, 5:00am
I would have thought the name "Yasin Khalaf' would have set off warning bells before you bought it. Reminds me of the Ellerslie car fair!

ryla123, Mar 27, 5:29am
He was like indian or something im not really sure I just thought it was a forigen name didnt want to discriminate against races and put him down as dodgy just coz he looked foriegn. I thought he would have been registered as he has lots of cars he sells and buys all the time. Obviously we made a huge mistake trusting him and trust me we certainlly regret that I am just warning people off him as I would hate for this to happen to another innocent person. Its not fair that this world is full of dishonest weasels like him

hyphen, Mar 27, 5:29am
the term 'mint' is something that can be perceived, you don't get told something is 'mint' without being able to see that it is in fact mint. Maybe the term 'mint' has a different meaning to the car seller. Like 'munted'

h2oldragon, Mar 27, 5:30am
Could you answer the question posed of you earlier.
Given you were purchasing a vehicle "privately" what form of mechanical inspection was carried out before money changed hands.
I feel sorry for you but you need to accept responsibility for your own actions too.
Incidently Forget the MTA or the MVTAneither of them will do anything for you because neither are the "enforcement" organisation.
Truth be told you'll likely get a better result for yourself and other people if you contact Fair Go or the TV3 equivilant

ryla123, Mar 27, 5:32am
Ok well I will do that as well then thanks. But the lawyer said as he is trading be it illegally or not he should be made to comply with the same rules as registered dealers. Will only be worse for him as he is not registered

h2oldragon, Mar 27, 5:40am
ryla was it sold by auction or competative tender!
if by auction Idon't rate your chances very highly.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 27, 5:43am
Yeah, those stereotypes just keep inventing themselves. It's quite annoying that they're so inaccurate.