1997 izuzu bighorn 3.1 turbo diesel engine stutter

Page 2 / 2
intrade, Apr 10, 5:23am
http://eatsrice.com/forums/attachments/chevy-gmc-lmm-duramax-2007-5-2010/1296d1331085879-07-5-lmm-egr.jpg

here why you have to remove the intake as it probably looks similar blocked up on yours also. its maintainace , deleting it on older Diesel is easy not so easy on new computerised diesel.

geminidragon, Apr 10, 6:09am
whoah that is seriously clogged

geminidragon, Apr 12, 6:17pm
i have been reading thatyour cylinder temp rises if you disconnect the egr valves on the 3.1

intrade, Apr 12, 7:41pm
cilinder temp rises when your turbo charger is red hot glowing when you rev it full throttle . thats when your temperature is real rising.
The egr is only for the greenies and only suposed to work on idle to lower emissions . in therory that works in paracical therms it dont works for long but hey it dont matters as long as it works in theory. thats why you remove the crap, The blocked intake is that way only because of the EGR

intrade, Apr 12, 7:54pm
what egr is suposed to do in theory is lower the temperature by adding exhoust fumes back to the intake that way theoretically more air can enter the engine and burn cleaner what fuel is injected. The problem is that this only works on paper or for a short period in real live . New diesel also have the same crap they can controll it better but still need to have Egr cleaned out . Deleting it on a new electronic diesel is harder to do as it would need to be erased from the engine computer or a check engine light comes glowingon the dashboard. Most times you see the same engine with and without Egr from the 1990s models, just depends for what country it was made they slip slop and slap on some egr valve .

mugenb20b, Apr 13, 12:22am
Yep.and! It's only there to reduce NOx in the exhaust gas.

geminidragon, Apr 13, 8:18am
thanks guys for your inputs ,it initially ran very well and even started better,i,m looking forward to taking it for a good run for an hour or so to see if its elliminated the stuttering problem

geminidragon, Apr 26, 8:51pm
well i,m very pleased to say that after driving a 100ks starting andstoppingall over town and the truck is no longer stuttering on take off ,many thanks to intrade for suggesting to disconnect the egr valves you were spot on .i have not yet totalyremoved them as i need to make some blanks up ,i see upon hours of u tubing and googling some folks make little blanks and put them between valves and inlet and leave them in place .i will be looking at removing the intake and cleaning at some stage and will treat it to new glow plugs and get the injectors cleaned at some stage when i find a cheap mechanic as its a bit beyond me ,thanks for your help

intrade, Apr 26, 8:59pm
dont forget to add winns edt or similar in your fuel to prevent longtherm damage to injector components. cheapest is chemtech but that dont claims to prevent fuel seal shrinkage. winns -edt claims to prevent this.

geminidragon, Apr 26, 9:38pm
ok thanks i havefound the wynns edt large bottle for $38 at repco

scoobeey, Apr 26, 10:37pm
flashlube is another.litre treats 1000 litres of fuel. good for lubricating seals!