Have you ever been in some mean road rage?

Page 1 / 2
eddiedean, Apr 9, 6:22am
Im talking the real deal

Abuse, threats, assault, police called, psycho behaviour.

Ive been in one and it was so scary. Thought the guy was going to kill me.

Anyone been in any doozies!

jmma, Apr 9, 6:27am
Cut me off again and I'll do the job right next time (o:

magicmat, Apr 9, 6:33am
Yep sure have, I have had 100kph plus car contact with some idiot racer boy between Tauranga and Hamilton one night, him following up my bumper and me braking harshly to get him to back off, me letting him pass then hammering into his rear bumper. it was very ugly. He pulled into the servo at Tauriko(is that what its called! I forget) and I felt like stopping and giving him a beating, but then he was clearly just as psycho as me so it seemed like it could get very ugly so I continued on. That incident rates highly as far as getting my blood boiling.

vtecintegra, Apr 9, 6:35am
Sounds like there were two idiots in that story

hutchk, Apr 9, 6:37am
Some dude got out of his car and kicked offmy ex wife's wing mirror once. I would imagine she asked for it, being mental and all.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 9, 6:45am
It was you, wasn't it!

n1smo_gtir, Apr 9, 7:11am
3 scum tried to hijack me at the lights. One tried to punch me through the gap in my window. I had door locked at the time so i grabbed his arm. Wound up window with his arm half in and started driving off. This was at 11.30pm. Then i slammed on the brake. Loosen the window a bit and accelerated off.didnt ring cops cos 3 male maoris in black hoodies n jeans be like looking for the guilty sheep in a large flock of sheep.

aragorn2003, Apr 9, 7:16am
I wouldn't have loosened up the window

pebbles61, Apr 9, 7:16am
I would of kept driving lol

Edit: beaten to it lol!

But seriously this is the reason I believei n the right to carry firearms on person.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 9, 7:20am
.would HAVE.

pollymay, Apr 9, 7:32am
Yep. Guy flew down a turning median strip past a huge line of traffic then tried to turn in to cut the line. I had a gap cause I was driving a manual and left space for me to pickup and ride slowly without riding the clutch. See he is pulling in so jab the throttle and shut him out doing the finger calling him a pretty derogatory name.

He gets the wind up at this and EXPLODES but I'm almost at the roundabout anyway and don't care, person behind lets him in when he swears at them, obviously a really lovely guy. I get to the roundabout before he can get out of his car and slip through so he starts to follow me. He follows me for a good period, can see him going off his tree in the car swearing and yelling at me. I was in a my mr2 turbo and he was in some little bubble car so I just kept shooting away so he couldn't try anything like hitting my fresh paint. He was pushing me along pretty quick so I lead it out of town as quickly as I could.

Got to a quiet area and put the hammer down, turbo spun up and left him for dead. Anyway whip off a sideroad out of view and come around the long way back onto the same road I just came off, sit just back at the intersection out of view. See him roll past, pull out and wind back up to speed to get his details right. Wrote the plate down, pulled over next to 2 cop cars (was convenient) while he rolled on. Took his number to the station, nothing came of it but ah well it was kinda fun winding up that noodle

magicmat, Apr 9, 7:38am
+1. Not like they are going to call the cops on you. Just like if I catch someone on my section or god help them in my house. would not be good, for them.

outbidyou2, Apr 9, 8:03am
Thats one of the funniest things I have read on here yet

pebbles61, Apr 9, 8:11am
Please don't hurt me! :( lol

n1smo_gtir, Apr 9, 8:17am
I will remember for next time=D

tgray, Apr 9, 8:24am
20 years ago, and to this day, I have no idea what I did wrong.
Waited on the side of the road for a gap and indicated and pulled out (loads of room), suddenly the car in front slowed down and stopped in the middle of the road. Passenger got out with a large chain wrapped around his arm and proceeded to walk towards me, swinging it about.
I stopped and began reversing away. He started running towards me, so as I was reversing I was on the phone to the police. Told them their Reg number and what was happening.
They could see I was on the phone, but it didn't deter them. Finally got enough away to do a u turn and get the hell out of there.
Still a mystery what it was all about.

pebbles61, Apr 9, 8:25am
The dixie flag on the roof!

aragorn2003, Apr 9, 8:26am
wow P freak , did the cops catch up with him!

mugenb20b, Apr 9, 8:45am
Similar thing happened to me, but no chain, just two Tongan or Fijian looking people wearing dresses walking towards me. I had no phone, I reversed as far as I could go. They both stood next to my driver's window demanding me to get out. I stayed in the car, as I couldn't take them both on at the same time. They f.ed off eventually after venting their spleens. They were pissed off when we both approached a two lane roundabout (two lanes going straight), I was behind them to begin with, but ended up right next to them going through the roundabout, but they didn't want me to be ahead of them when two lanes were about to merge.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 9, 8:59am
should of run the prick over and tell the cop you saw a dead man with a chain wrapped around his arm. afterall you feared for your life. the cop use it as a justified mean to shoot someone.

sw20, Apr 9, 10:39am
Only time I ever thought I was going to lose it was when I went to pass this guy or girl up a hill because they were crawling. Indicated, pulled out, and was starting to go past, and they started to quickly move right as to run me off the road, I had to basically stop and then continue to follow them at a snails pace. That side of the road had a several hundred metre drop to the valley below. A few deep breathes and some full beam in their rear vision mirror till the top of the hill and I was calm.

un_known, Apr 9, 11:06am
Ive had a few inicidents but this one is the funniest.

Cruising trough otahuhu and this 4x4 changes lanes when im right next to him, like he just didnt look have to brake hard to avoid.I then sat on the airhorn and gave him the finger constantly for about 3 blocks.Until he gets out a red light, the guy was huge like over 200KG monster islander. I thought at this point i had bitten off more than i can chew.He comes up to the window asks wtf my problem is. In a no nonsense sorta way explain that he'd just about run right over me.OK so i pretty much verbally ripped him a new asshole.

I expected at this point that he would rip me out of the car and proceed to turn my skull into pulp.But he didnt.He just points at me says"YOU" and walks away.I laughed my ass off , probably thought he was gonna staunch me outthen tries to save face a little as he backs out.

trogedon, Apr 9, 11:35am
I was driving up the steep drive out of the school for troubled yoof I teach at occasionally.
Two large teenage Island girls from the school jumped on my poor little Nissans bonnet. I didn??

i-n-horz, Apr 10, 12:47am
Cruising into the city (Aucks) 30+yrs ago 6-7 of us in a Hillman Hunter, bonnet had peeled open on the Nth-Wstrn earlier while do'n a hundy K so we were in good spirits.
Not long after buzz'n around the CBD streets chugg'n ale etc a Zeph Mk3 coming towards us on the Quay loaded with what looked to be gang fullas hang'n out the windows waving big-bot-beers and what I noticed without mistake a wheel brace.thought "oh dear this doesn't look good" then suddenly they were on our side of the road."FERK!".-
.mate took evasive action, we spun out only to see them u-turning coming back at us.
Mate was hard on the pedal but before you knew it they were along side with big-bot fly'n at us and the the wheel barce.mate hit the picks,spun'er around and we were off in the opposite direction at full noise.
We hit the back streets hard spot'n em not too far back here and there.this went on for what seemed like eternity and had taken us out to Pt Chev where we hid behind the Chev Takeaway bar.jezusss we were in between freak'n,laugh'n and crap'n ourselves.
Within a few minutes the Mk3 went blast'n past but we never moved for a good 30mins or so.guess we were their joy for the night.may not have been too joyful had they of caught us.

loonee-dial-111, Apr 10, 12:54am
and the result would be an arm with a gun through the window. no thanks