What cars have shocked you with poor quality.

Page 3 / 3
foxdonut, Apr 17, 6:13am
Ah! Whats powering it!

esprit, Apr 17, 6:22am
Rover K-VHPD, 1.8L. My car's basically a road-going version of the UK Lotus Sport Elise cars. The later S2 Exiges weigh almost 200kg heavier than my car, which makes a pretty decent difference, although they're a lot more comfortable :)

kazbanz, Apr 17, 6:57am
actually The very WORST case of bad build quality I have dealt with was on a 200cc bike out of --yep China.
Ignoring the normal plethora of issues. shattering plastics,wheel bearings utterly collapsing,,telephone wiring for electrical wires, The owner dropped the bike at very low speed practicing in a carpark and bent the frame
The nature of the drop and the damage clearly says that the metal quality and thickness is utter rubbish.

hamcouple4fun, Apr 18, 1:49am
ahy pom cars

socram, Apr 18, 1:59am
At least the poms can type better than that.Doesn't answer the initial question.With that attitude, you expect all pom cars to be crap, so where is the shock!

mecanix, Apr 18, 3:15am
I have a 2009 Colorado. It is a big steaming pile of shite. i have 4 months left of it, then its goneand it will be the last holden i ever buy.

timmo1, Apr 18, 3:19am
One of our hire cars for a recent trip to the states was fairly bad in the paint department- Really obvious bare spots in the 'shadow' of the bolts holding the front fenders on.they need to re-think their paint program so all angles were covered. 2011 Dodge Journey

mantagsi, Apr 18, 9:48am
Not my car, but I was sorely disappointed in the 2008 VE commie that my granny brought, she had it for about 3 months then gave it the flick, she was also very unimpressed! Went back and got another Camry instead, not as exciting she says but at least the damned thing stays bolted together! Personally I think all the faults I've ever had with my cars is due to my purchasing them at the end of their lifespan, but I've always been pretty damn lucky, euro or japanese.

scoobeey, Apr 18, 10:12am
Cheap to buy though LOL:)

roddie1971, Apr 18, 10:40am
put out some great cars. what are you smoking!

jgig23, Apr 18, 7:34pm
anything French that has a battery.

marte, Apr 19, 1:01am
Alfa 33's & their rust problems caused by cheap Russian steel.
I have 2 & theres parts where I can put my arm thru, door fell off, guards rust & the rust just expands like its eating the metal sideways.
Bonnet latch in the glovebox, took me months to find it.
Key turns a different way & the indicators are on the wrong side (unless you have driven a Cortina)

Otherwise, a really really nice car.

djrandomguy, Apr 19, 1:24am
205gti - 106 gti - 309 gti - 306 hdi - 306 - xsi.all have proven reliable, but all cars are/were maintained and serviced well.

try a ride in a top of the line clio or the new megane [the super trick one] these will bend your opinion.