Wrestled with a northern toll road infringement

Page 2 / 2
dian2, Apr 16, 10:53am
Errm no. i explained the situation a couple of posts down.

Fools rush in without looking.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 16, 11:54am
It's still your own fault. Ergo, bigger fool you.

camerong1, Apr 16, 9:06pm
Its really easy pay online a couple of days before you go that way you can just drive on and it is sorted

nightboss, Apr 16, 10:32pm
I looked up old prepaid trips I had that have expired. Got this on screen.

Quantity of active trip payments (valid for use or refund) 0
Quantity of expired trip payments (available for refund) 6

How do I get them refunded and why do they expire, if I have paid for trips I should be able to take them when I want.

They must be sitting on many thousands of dollars worth of unclaimed trips.

3962, Apr 17, 12:34am
I got the invoice for $4.00 & my cousin paid it online through internet banking. 3 months later they sent me a notice saying it still wasn't paid so because of @dmin costs it went up to $90+. I rang them. Told them it was paid through internet banking through my cousin's account which I gave them & they checked it while I was on the phone. They found the payment so all was good. What is the point of putting the reference number in if they're not going to check!

smac, Apr 17, 12:47am
You're assuming it was correct.

I don't get the big deal about it. There's feckin' HUGE signs telling you what to do (I've talked to one person who used that road and saidthey never saw any signs.scary.). If you use the road, and can't be shagged doing what the signs tell you to do (i.e. pay ON TIME) then expect some hassle. If you don't like the way their system handles things when you don't pay on time, here's a tip.pay on time.

dian2, Apr 17, 3:42am
Just as i was walking out the door for work this morning, i received the promised call from the 'supervisor'. who, after a frustrating and circular discussion about the matter, admitted to the effect that she was actually another system bot with no authority to reason with this inflated amount. she would get the manager to call me. sometime.
Expecting a lengthy delay, i was relieved and very pleased to get a call from her manager just a few minutes ago. It was so good to talk with someone who could take the circumstances into account and come up with a fair outcome. ie, my return-trip credit was transferred to cover the initial tolls;i instantly visa covered the admin cost for the 2day late payment; and she was authorized and able to waive the infringements.
Phew! Sorted :) and well worth the effort of insisting and waiting to converse with someone who was able to think and negotiate outside of an automated system!

Thanks you guys. i've appreciated your thoughts here. & having this place to vent :)

zirconium, Apr 17, 8:30am
Well done. :)

geedubu, Apr 17, 8:43am
Good one OP; it is a great road that must have cost plenty but it is underpinned by a shabby IT system.

dian2, Apr 17, 9:27pm
It IS a beautiful road and a pleasure to drive. so more the shame around it's embarrassing user issues .
I've learned tho. and will be endeavouring & encouraging to pay BEFORE i use it again :p