Toyota Premio

reggienz, Apr 20, 9:24am
Am looking a 96 model Corona Premio. Ive heard they can be very economical and also very expensive now and again once they need decarbonising due to reburning unburnt exhaust gasses. Any one know how true this is, and how the system works! Thanks in advance

mugenb20b, Apr 20, 8:55pm
I though they had 1.8 litre Corona motors (3S-FE). If so, they are pretty good. But, if they have one of those D4 donks, then yeah, every 100k, they need their manifolds removed, and cleaned out + all the carbon around the intake ports.

mugenb20b, Apr 20, 8:55pm
I thought they had 1.8 litre Corona motors (3S-FE). If so, they are pretty good. But, if they have one of those D4 donks, then yeah, every 100k, they need their manifolds removed, and cleaned out + all the carbon around the intake ports.

kazbanz, Apr 20, 8:58pm
What he said--^^^^^^^^^basicly if its got a d4 motor count on a clean ouyt at about 100k

a.woodrow, Apr 20, 9:19pm
Yep the 1.8L's are good, it's not the 3s-fe though i think its the 7a-fe from the corolla. steer clear of the 2.0 d4 motor they are the nightmare ones as above

reggienz, Apr 20, 10:51pm
Ok, yes, its a D4 Im looking at, Thanks for the advice.

trdbzr, Apr 20, 10:59pm
Avoid the 2L D4, they are rubbish engines. Just get the 1.8L 7AFE one. Overall its a very reliable car and the 1.8L is quite economical and it is pretty spacious inside. The Carina and Corona Premio of that era are both essentially the same car with same engines and interiors, just the headlights and tail lights are a different design.

a.woodrow, Apr 21, 12:01am
You couldn't pay me to own a D4. Steer clear is all I can say

a.woodrow, Apr 21, 12:07am
I have owned a 99 premio with the 1.8L It was a bit gutless on the open road, alright round town. No matter how I drove it, it was a fuel miser. Never let me down, gave it to my parents and they've racked up another 80,000km on it largely trouble free and still going strong