Good News - CGA '93 to apply to Auctions

Page 4 / 4
kazbanz, Apr 27, 3:40am
Its not even open to interpretation. Turners hold "a" traders licence ie the same licence any other LEGAL vehicle trader is required to hold.

elect70, Apr 27, 5:00am
^^^ Okthen allused dealers selling by auction register their business asatrader, good enough for turnersgood enough for all sellers .Something very fishy about it , there have been plenty of horrorstories aboutmany of turnerssales& buyers had no comeback , so they can continue to sell junk in any conditionwith impunity .

kazbanz, Apr 27, 5:38am
But no -in order to be excluded there must be a "live" auction
Hmm but hang on. You can bid on a Turners auction onlineEXACTLY THE SAMEas placing a bid on trade me.
Ohh but turners are licenced auctioneers--boo wahh --that offeres exactly how much protection to the guy who's car blew up 5 hours after buying it from a turners auction. or the person who found out that 200k had been clipped off the cars odo.-Incidently that was agovernment auction--ie a car seized by customs and sold by turners auction with a flag saying that the odometer reading "MAY" be incorrect

oaic1, Apr 27, 6:12am
Another glaring example of why one should be sure of ones facts before one mouths off.

kazbanz, Apr 27, 6:22am
Sorry elect I misread your post --I'll try again.
You have it backwards.
Used car dealerships are required nowadays to be registered traders to legally sell cars. Be they operating from home or from a "real" caryard.
You'da though then that Turners who are "above" the law wouldn't be a trader but guess what-yes they are indeed.
Like I said if it looks like fish and smells like fish.
But the law excludes them -ohh and other "live" auctioneers
yep theres a lot of others arent there!

oaic1, Apr 27, 6:53am
It would seem that you are the only one here arguing that this is "good news". Nobody else thinks so. Unarguable.I think not. I challenge you to come up with a good arguement for why it is good news. Cite some statistics and facts and first hand knowledge to back up your arguement. Repeatedly saying "you're wrong" doesnt count.

rob_man, Apr 27, 7:39am
rob_man wrote:

[Yes he did. oops, was that abuse! Sorry. as you were.
Or perhaps insert a moronic emoticon in lieu of an argument.
What happened to:
rob_man wrote:
Oh for gods sake, I can see why you need to protected. I'll leave you alone then.]
I wasn't talking to you, mind your own business please.

kazbanz, Apr 27, 7:41am
Mate--yer talking to yaself -stop sniffin dem paint fumes

rob_man, Apr 27, 8:04am
Hmmm. the quote thingie didn't come out right.Probably a waste of words anyway. all that cotton wool.

thejazzpianoma, Apr 27, 9:06am
FYI
bellky = troll

I see he has started bothering others since I havn't been around much.

My advice is don't engage him unless you want to encourage others of his ilk.

bellky, Apr 27, 8:47pm
And back to square one.