Mint Jap car (o:

Page 1 / 4
jmma, May 4, 9:22am
2 day auction this time.

spud1991, May 4, 9:26am
Oh here we go again!

mugenb20b, May 4, 9:41am
Hmmm.looking at buying a classic car in the certain price range.would I rather have a 1984 Corvette or a 1976 Corolla!

spud1991, May 4, 9:55am
You dont have long to make a decision, only a 2 day auction you have to get in quick for the corolla

aragorn2003, May 4, 10:00am
Well that'll hook someone sh1t better bid only 2 days!

nightboss, May 4, 10:07am
Is this the 8th or 9th try!

foxdonut, May 4, 10:16am
Is there anyone left that isn't blacklisted!

nightboss, May 4, 10:18am
Even the moderators can't ask questions now.

mantagsi, May 4, 11:50am
Holy cow, that is incredible! Wow, hard to believe that it is still doing the rounds :)

nightboss, May 4, 10:17pm
Maybe if the seller took everyone off his blacklist he would get someone willing to buy it. If only to save the poor car the humiliation of repeat relistings.

ninja_man, May 4, 10:23pm
facepalm. When is he ever going to learn

jmma, May 5, 9:38am
OK, maybe we try another 2 days (o:

phillip.weston, May 5, 9:41am
Not even worth $18,000 and now looking to be not even worth the $8,000!

nightboss, May 5, 10:17am
Ok everyone time for a sing-a-long, to the tune of the kids song "the wheels on the bus"

The auctions on the Sprinter go round and round, round and round, round and round, the auctions on the sprinter go round and round all year long.

trdbzr, May 5, 10:20am
The 'i got offered $17k' story (first by a museum and then by an individual - the story changed) was all crap. It was a ploy that attempted to make potential buyers think that the car was worth $17k. Unfortunately it backfired bigtime.

Real estate agents etc use the same ploy, you know the "i've got another very interested buyer just waiting to sign on this property if you dont" scam.

supernova2, May 6, 2:23am
So what is it worth!I don;t want it as it has no appeal but lets see if we can establish among ourselves a consensus of what it really is worth in the present market.IMHO $4G

sw20, May 6, 2:24am
I'd rather buy another mint NZ Corolla GT hatch for $4g or so. At least it would have some place in NZ motoring history.

phillip.weston, May 6, 5:16am
Considering things like KE30s are fetching $4k these days I would say a tidy TE45 would be much more. Those kms are just silly low and it is in just about impeccable condition. I think it is worth closer to the ~$8,200 it finished at on the $1res auction. I would say $6k at the very least anyway!

fordkiwi27, May 6, 5:34am
now relisted no reserve 8.5k

kazbanz, May 6, 5:48am
to me its just an old car. I just can't see any collector apeal at all for it.
So I value it based purely on the numbers. --Old 1400cc 4 speed manual car with low k's. $4000.

aragorn2003, May 6, 5:49am
I wish he would put up recent pics of it , half the pics are of it in japan and the other half are a year old

foxdonut, May 6, 6:42am
This.

4k to someone unhinged enough to want an old car like this. 2.5 to a normal person.

Just because its old and people will pay stupid money for another old, heap of shit (ae86, KE30) doesn't increase the "value" of this by default.

The fact he mentions it would be best left unmodified indicates he doesn't know FA about the subject.

I wouldn't even give him 2 grand for it when I could go and buy a more modern and better equipped Civic, Corolla, Accord, skyline, MR2, Corona, etc etc.

doomy999, May 6, 7:03am
yeah right.
You would grab it in a heart beat at 2k. Why because you know you could make a quick profit on it.

I would be prepared to pay up to 3k and I believe you would do the same. Why because you, like I, could turn it around for a quick profit at that price.

Its not the model or the make that adds value, its the fact its a rear wheel drive manual. The type of car that boy racers dream about dropping a rotary in to, or wrecking by cutting the suspension, and generally making stupid mods.

The fact its low Ks and so tidy for something its age addseven more value to it.

PersonallyIt think it will fetch some where between $4000 to $6000.Not that I would ever dream of paying that. But some stupid boy ricer probably would.

nicolaas3, May 6, 7:19am
Would make a great project for the right price.

Can someone tell me why on earth he just doesn't get the thing registered and on the road! i.e. take that risk out of the project and so that it can be taken for a test drive!

doomy999, May 6, 7:45am
If you had of seen some of his past rants, you would easily understand why.