Mint Jap car (o:

Page 2 / 4
neville48, May 6, 8:16am
I just bet theres someone in Japan that would buy that car for ooooo lets say a ball-park figure.17k, be awsum in a museum or something like that huh !

nightboss, May 6, 9:13am
If he loves his car so much why does he not just donate it to the Toyota Museum. Then everyone can enjoy this rare piece of history.

foxdonut, May 6, 12:30pm
There's little profit to be made buying it for 2 grand, organising to take ownership of it, registering, insuring, listing it for sale and dealing with the sort of retard that would want to buy it anyway.

You'd be up 25% in liquid profit, not factoring in the "chaos theory" of how much hard work it would be to sell.

I'd rather catch a bus than have that car. It'll cost more than it will ever make.

kazbanz, May 6, 8:57pm
hey foxy--I diddn't say I would PAY 4k I said I felt it was worth 4k
On the basis that its a freshly complied(all rust etc inspected) Low milagemanual car with a new wof and rego.I think some dad would be stoked to find something like that as a first car for their kid.

sifty, May 6, 9:38pm
mildly interesting, just not that special.

richardmayes, May 6, 9:55pm
Now I think you're being slightly harsh on it Kaz.

You have to admit it's a little bit more glamorous than an early 80s Ford Laser or Mazda 323. I think it definitely deserves to go for a bit of a premium over any average little old japper with the same number of cubes.

Obviously it's never going to have any appeal to V8 type people. (But in my experience, whenever V8 people scoff at something I generally take that as a sign that something is worth taking another look at.)

Or alternatively, take a look at what you would pay to get into an MGB-GT, and look at what one of those actually offers, and suddenly $6k to $7k for this thing doesn't seem too steep at all IMHO!

kazbanz, May 6, 10:55pm
Sorry richard but I don't have to do any such thing. Alazer/,323or even a little Nissan 120y freshly complied, in manual with low milage I feel would apeal equally to a dad buying first car. Which in my view is the sort of person who would find the car apealing. But at $4k maximum. -otherwise they will look at 90's familia's or lucino's or pulsars etcwhich have air bagsand abs etc.
Keep in mind this is MY opinion of the vehicleandI just don't see the sex apeal in it at all.-Ie its a 4 speed 1400 not the 5 speed "high performance" car

doomy999, May 6, 11:02pm
so you would happily pay $7000 for it!
Why not make him an offer!

doomy999, May 6, 11:05pm
Any of that era small car, starlet, datsun, what ever, that was tidy low Ks would have exactly the same appeal if not more.
Just agreeing with you.

kazbanz, May 6, 11:10pm
DRUM ROLL--- doomy agrees with Kaz

nightboss, May 6, 11:13pm
I took a photo of my screen, just in case there is denial in the future.

nightboss, May 6, 11:19pm
Now if only we can get both Tonyrockyhorror and Foxdonut to post agreement with any other poster on these boards I may believe in a devine being.

richardmayes, May 7, 1:04am
No, I said it's a slightly more glamorous little car than some bare minimum POS that some of my fellow posters would compare it to!

foxdonut, May 7, 2:46am
Well you're wrong.

/fact.

nightboss, May 7, 2:51am
Please provide the evidence you base your "/fact" on.

foxdonut, May 7, 4:09am
Its not _my_ fact.

It just is.

kazbanz, May 7, 6:34am
Matejust add--IN MY OPINION to that and all will be jake

nightboss, May 7, 7:01am
Hey Kaz, that is a good bit of advice, could I use those three words like this!

"IN MY OPINION Foxdonut would not recognise a fact if it hit him on his head." Or is that not how those three words work!

richardmayes, May 7, 8:17am
Crikey - hours later and still going. Serious joke auctions are serious.

richardmayes, May 7, 8:24am
More to the point. I bet this thing would readily enough hang in there on the tail of that $37,500.00 "Mint Cortina" that is receiving universal leg-humping praise on another thread right at this moment.

(IN MY OPINION - lol)

jmma, May 7, 9:07am
Umm Museum price (o:

phillip.weston, May 7, 9:30am
so it doesn't sell at $8,500. so the bright spark raises the price back to $18,500 - yeah that's really going to help!

trdbzr, May 7, 10:31am
Let me guess, this time hes had an offer for $18,500 from Japan so hes giving us one last chance to buy it at this bargain price otherwise he will sell it and it will be shipped off to Japan and this super rare car will never be seen in this land again.

johnf_456, May 7, 11:54am
Give the guy a break, its his auction he can choose to sell it for whatever he likes. Just because we think its wrong doesn't make it wrong. Sure it wron't sell for a high amount but yeah

sifty, May 7, 8:11pm
"Even has the original 70's car smell inside"

So, what,
it smells like brut and Gary Glitter.!