Mitsubishi 4g13 motor swap, from lancer to mirage

red97, May 5, 11:43pm
good morning all, i am planning to put a 4g13 from a 1998 CK Lancer manual into a 1995 Mirage auto 2 door hatch, does anybody forsee any problems here or will it be straight forward swap! any advice appreciated.

phillip.weston, May 5, 11:46pm
I don't see it being an issue, assuming the '95 Mirage is the 1995 to 2000 shape rather than the 1991 to 1995 shape.

phillip.weston, May 5, 11:47pm
oh, and ensure they are both the same fuel system (ie carb or injected) because the EFI has different shaped ports to the carb models.

red97, May 6, 12:00am
thanks for that. umm would the efi have quite a distinctive cast alloy rail with four cast alloy pipes and a wire running down to each cylinder!may sound like a silly question but i only have a photo to go off for the replacement and it looks identical to me.

mantagsi, May 6, 12:08am
Oh dear. after reading that I fear for your chances of completing this swap successfully

red97, May 6, 12:15am
hahaha, fair enough too, i dont think i am as incompetent as that question made me sound. the throttle cable is attached to this and it doesnt look like any carb ive seen. so common sense would tell me it is efi, however the photo i am going off is not clear from that angle so i am double checking with those more knowledgeable then myself, which is most people on here.

dent, May 6, 12:20am
can you post the photo on trademe for all to see!