Toyota spacio 1999

andrea49, May 10, 3:53am
Looking at getting one of these next week. Its from my aunty and less than 100k on the clock. Any feedback or reviews to read! Concerns and general comments happily accepted.

kazbanz, May 10, 4:03am
Throw away the word spacio andthink of its middle name--Corolla.
Think 97-99 1600cccorolla.Its the last version before they went to the chain drive engine. Darn good reliable car. Never had an issue with the MANY i sold over the years.
There are 3 internal layouts. Normal5 seater just like any corolla lift back
6 seater whichfrankly is a pain in the rear. -But you canremove the middle row to get a 4 seater.
Then theres the "just" four seater which is ok

807, May 10, 4:13am
bit of a nana car, the earlier ones ( 97-99 ) but that's only my opinion of course. The later 1.8 litre ones look better, & have a bit more grunt ( + camchain )

andrea49, May 11, 1:41am
It is a bit of a nana car. Whats the difference without a chain drive engine!. This model is the "facelift" model. 5 seats. Spoiler i think with chrome bumper (some have rubber apparently) no tow bar. But i guess i can add that.

kazbanz, May 11, 2:01am
Andrea-THISversion/age Spacio has a 1600cc corolla engine which means the cambelt needs to be replaced every 100000km -(this costs about $450-$600 depeding on if you do just the belt or replace water pump at the same time.
The "chrome bumper" is in fact just a stick on cover over the part of the all plastic bumper that is normally grey unpainted plastic.-short version -someone has dressed the car up a bit.
Enf of the day still a great car

andrea49, May 11, 7:37pm
Thanks kazbanz, price is 5,500. Still a good car at that price.!

kazbanz, May 12, 1:26am
Heck yea IMO anything under 6k for a sub 100k spacio is just fine.
I would prefer around 4500 butif you keep it a few years the 1k cost will be far outweighed by the reliability