Gazoo Racing Twincharges Toyota GT 86 to 320 HP

zak410, May 17, 8:55am
The Toyobaru project is finally receiving a version that can take on the big boys in the sports car segment, with Gazoo Racing releasing a concept racing incarnation of the Toyota GT 86 that is packed with tech upgrades.

Under the hood, the Sport FR Concept, to use the vehicle??

grangies, May 17, 8:59am
Will it be a reliable car, that doesnt need servicing every month!

If not then what's the point, unless you havea lot of $$ to spend on it.

May as well buy a brand new factory built car with the same power.

foxdonut, May 17, 10:48am
Meh. HKS did this with the 4AGE in the early 90's and VW have a have a car on the road with a 5 year warranty now as well.

Even the danes are doing it too with a twincharged seven litre in their ST1.

They would have been better off just chucking that Aurion TRD motor in there.

That car looks like something a 15 year old would drive.

1ollie, May 17, 1:40pm
So you dont have to service any other car every month! only these even if you do 10 or 20,000kms a month! weird lol

1ollie, May 17, 1:45pm
So what that HKS did this on the 90's on a 4AGE! you think they were the first or only!
Plenty of manifacturers do 5 year warrenty. and what!
ST1 haha shit come on pick something that relates to real life a bit more would ya!
Yeah Aurion TRD motor haha shit your a laugh! you really dont seem to have much insight into sports cars do ya!

pollymay, May 17, 1:47pm
This car would of been a monster with a 2GR motor or something, but no. The exhaust ports are HORRIBLE. Would not drive.

1ollie, May 17, 1:52pm
Horrible exhaust ports! lol what because they face the ground!
I agree there are alot of better motor options but it has a good ballence with the boxer motor

pollymay, May 17, 1:59pm
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php!attachmentid=5168&stc=1&d=1330656888

See where the ports come out in the centre! The valves are in the centre of the cylinders obviously. So it has to dog leg a bit to get to the exhaust. Then the streams point back on each other. I believe it's to fit the cooling jackets in the head and the exhaust is for emissions but really! Come on it's a sports car, I see plenty that don't fail this badly

foxdonut, May 17, 11:13pm
Please, shut up.

The Aurion engine makes the same power and torque with only half the plumbing the twincharged unit will need.

Go back to you "worlds fastest car" project dumbass.

friendly_prawn, May 17, 11:16pm
My you have such a way with words foxdonut. lol

1ollie, May 18, 12:56am
How about no and you shut up you daft kid.
So your saying they should have put a huge 3.5L V6 into a little sports car thats been built for more than just power! that would make it handle well wouldint it you idiot!
And about 240kw from a god damn supercharged 3.5L V6 hahaha thats pathetic! Nissan 370Z makes more than that from an slightly bigger N/A motor and so do other similar cars!
Your ideas are whack!
Wheres this project you speak of as I dont remember ever starting one!

foxdonut, May 18, 1:52am
You really are pretty stupid huh.

Power isn't as important as torque in a car like this, so a V6 and a supercharger are ideal because both produce torque at low rpms. There's also a lot less stress on a 3.5 litre which means the engine won't melt when you use it on the edge like a little 2 litre is going to with twin interfaces. You also avoid all the plumbing (as has already been raised) and have a simpler engine thats easier to manage. If you don't like the Camry motor then fine, use the Nissan motor, it makes no diffence what makes a few kw's more, what matters is that that 2 litre making those numbers is a grenade waiting to happen and a bigger engine would be more effective and cost effective choice.

If you knew anything about the "business" of building cars you'd have been able to work this out like everyone else, except you are the same retard that said you'd build a 270mph car for 500k and hadn't accounted for tires or testing costs, so I guess little else could be expected from you.

And its not difficult to bump the threads where you profess to be able to build the worlds fastest car out of a used skyline and a paltry half million.

Dumbass.

1ollie, May 18, 4:03am
It amazes me that you who is constantly proved to be dumb and have minimal knowlege of cars outside of the internet still trys to call others dumb haha your just a laugh.
Your just trying to go off track now because your just dribbling rubbish! the point is you think it would be better to go to the effort and cost of puting a bigger heavyer motor in it that would upset the cars ballence an handling just so you have the same power and torque as it allready makes, are you stuck living in the early 90s or something thinking that you dont get realiability from small jap engines! wake up you imbecil take a look around!
Bump it haha its been done before and its still funny how you just keep tryna bring that up all the time when I make you look like a chump! what cant you understand about it! ohh thats right you just think that you have to spend millions to beat a 'supercar' and you hate that your allways talking shit and you get called on it by me.

foxdonut, May 18, 4:10am
Textbook Dunning Kruger syndrome.

richardmayes, May 18, 4:33am
Wow, the force is strong in this one.

You're not related to Scotty20,000,001 are you Ollie!

1ollie, May 18, 4:54am
Textbook dickhead and your talking about yourself again

1ollie, May 18, 4:55am
No sorry to disapoint but no im not I dont really like V6 Commodores

richardmayes, May 18, 5:06am
My bad, good to hear.

Now, as you have said, it's correct that keeping the the weight over the front axle down is a good way of producing good handling in a small RWD sports car.

But providing a big torquey engine with a large amount of bottom end grunt - to enable instantaneous loading up of the back axle during cornering - is also a good way of producing good handling in a small RWD sports car.

So I really don't see why it's necessary to go full retard and start telling a lot of very knowledgeable guys on here that they are complete idiots! Especially over THIS subject.!

[FWIW - I would love to drive a GT86 with some kind of turbo 4 cylinder in it. But I would sleep a lot more soundly at night OWNING one if it had a big lazy V6 in it.]

1ollie, May 18, 5:22am
I just dont see how putting a V6 in it will help with the whole ballence of the car without cutting the firewall to move it back, and have dry sump(or a well designed custom sump) to keep it low, changing suspension and other bits & peices.
Im not a fan of boxer motors so much but the FA/4U-GSE thats in it responds pretty well to modifications so I dont see the need to change it.

Where am I telling any knowlegable people that they are idiots! there is just a few that feel the need to bash on imports/rotarys/turbos etc all day long just because they dont like them or what ever yet they have no knowlege to back anything up so I will point it out.

foxdonut, May 18, 5:24am
How old are you! five!

foxdonut, May 18, 5:27am
Holdens are "imports" ya numpty. Everything in the country is an import.

New Zealand doesn't make cars.

Duuuuhhhhh.

zak410, May 18, 6:14am
No need for 3L in the WRC!