Nissan Stagea Fans.or Detractors

freeindeed37, May 19, 8:55am
Hi, am looking to buy what appears to be a nice Stagea - 2002, 124,000ks and is a good price by comparison and includes 1 year warranty.I'm new to Nissans (changing from a Camry) have been googling non-stop, but cant seem to find any real reviews about how they (Stageas)run day to day and how expensive they are to repair if/when things break. I can see they like the fuel! It has a hell of a lot of bells and whistles! Is it just a show pony! Or worthwhile!

bubbles244, May 19, 9:05am
They are for the layman a station wagon version of a nissan skyline, they employ the same engine/ transmission combinations axle and diff combinations and suspension and firewall passenger compartment floor pan.

only know issues is slighly higher fuel consumption due to being a heavier vehicle then the skyline and rust under the door mirrors.

the engines are realitivly bullet proof so are the transmissions

Be aware they do not make the RB series of engines as of 2002 however in saying that if you have a 2002 you have the pinicale of the RB's refined engineering from over 30 years of improved design.

austingtir, May 19, 9:19am
RB's are gas gussling and outdated.The are only good in the GT-R.
Be sure to get a vq powered one atleast a 3.0 or 3.5 very good engines decent mileage and will outlast the car if looked after right.The 2.5 and 3.0 are direct injection so higher mileage on those can be problematic.The 2.5 is a waste of time.
Mech parts are the same or similar to the american g35 so ebay or rockauto is the place for very cheap parts.I have owned a v35 and m35 they are very reliable and easy to repair.