1999 3L V6, L200 4wd d/cab

bigbadboysee, Jun 1, 5:21am
just had a look at the ute mentioned above and wondering what peoples thoughts are as ive seen a pretty tidy one for sale for $12999. has done 248k K's but had a mechanic have a quick look over the thing and he couldnt find any faults with it. going back for another look/ testdrive tomorrow so is there anything/anywhere in particular i should take a look at!

Cheers

mugenb20b, Jun 1, 5:27am
They are actually pretty good, but at that mileage the gearbox is usually due for a rebuild. Check the bottom ball joints for play and drivetrain for oil leaks. 4WD utes cost a fortune to purchase, so make sure it's 100% suitable for your needs. The only thing I don't like about L200 utes is their turning circle, they are shocking.

bigbadboysee, Jun 2, 2:11am
thanks. im not going to be taking it 4wdriving,well not anything real serious like that its more then need and want of having a ute. this one is in pretty good nick and mechanically looks pretty good. feel a bit small in the cab though being a big fella but plan to take it out on a good drive to what its like. it definately suits what i need it for but didnt no much about them mechanically.

baldrick48, Jun 2, 2:14am
enquire about the fule consumption they arnt all that pretty

mugenb20b, Jun 2, 2:52am
All petrol SUVs are thirsty dogs, but licencing a diesel L200 will set you back $600 per year + RUCs + more expensive and more frequent servicing. The cambelt job on a V6 petrol takes 3 hours, so not a big deal.

red97, Jun 2, 8:15am
for what its worth ive got a year 2000 L200 double cab 4wd, but its a 2.8 diesel, only just cracked 200000kms im the second owner from nz new and the previous owner told me the gearboxes were underbuilt and needed a lot of work done to it before it had reached 20k but it was under warranty obviously, my diff makes a horrendous noise from time to time but i just stick my head in the sand and drive on and it stops, turning circle as some one has mentioned is shocking, have to three point turn a lot, they crawl along nicely in low range, if you can get someone who knows what theyu are on about to tell you the drive train is sweet then i would reccomend it, however if you would prefer a 2.8 diesel with a big hole chewed in the back seat and a couple of dents in the tray then i could be pried away from mine for 8k.

red97, Jun 2, 8:21am
it was a dog that chewed the back seat by the way, before anyone gets silly

desmodave, Jun 2, 8:30am
I will take your mitzi and your dog in return for my landy and a 6 pack.hang on make that a doz its on special this week

red97, Jun 2, 8:34am
as long as your land cruiser is a VX model fully optioned less than three years old you gota deal

bigbadboysee, Jun 2, 10:15pm
got some pics!

elect70, Jun 2, 11:27pm
Make sure its had cam belt done ,in last 100 Gkm. Not a bad enginebut start getting smoky by 300k

franc123, Jun 2, 11:44pm
If you don't need 4x4 don't get one, its guaranteed extra costs in fuel, tyres, if it ever needs gearbox or clutch work etc.

kevymtnz, Jun 3, 12:38am
248k / $12999 and a misti not worth 50% of that not sure what year ya talkn y being a 3.0L V6 why its not called a L300

franc123, Jun 3, 1:20am
Because an L300 is a van and not a ute. I'd agree that you would negotiate that price a bit, the kms are a bit too high.

bigbadboysee, Jun 3, 2:09am
Listing #: 435876907

took that for a test drive today, am more tempted with this than the L200. especially when hes willing to take the commodore of mine off my hands at a good price without me having to worry about fixing up a few things

red97, Jun 3, 5:00am
seems like pretty high money for a mitzy that age