If Aussies are so proud of the Holden why

Page 1 / 2
texastwo, May 25, 5:12am
do they have a Colorado! Wouldnt they be better off to call it "The Queenslander"!

patiki1, May 25, 5:29am
But people from NSW wouldn't buy it

mugenb20b, May 25, 5:32am
You mean, nobody would buy it. Even the name "Colorado" sounds pathetic.

807, May 25, 5:40am
probly not even a " real " Holden. Looks like a GM product from Asia to me !

phillip.weston, May 25, 5:42am
Colorado = Isuzu D-Max/Rodeo. Isuzu is part of GM.

foxdonut, May 25, 5:45am
Holden is the poor-mans European car here in NSW.

robotnik, May 25, 5:56am
A Queenslander is a type of old fashioned house raised off the ground that is common in that state. It is not a good name for a rugged 4x4 pickup truck.

a.woodrow, May 25, 5:58am
Holden were unable to secure the naming rights for rodeo again from isuzu to continue the model line, so had to opt for colorado instead

nightboss, May 25, 6:00am
So you are in Australia, that explains a lot.

Should we type slower so you can understand us!

robotnik, May 25, 6:05am
Colorado seems like a good name to me. After all Colorado is a rugged mountainous place where a mid-size 4x4 pickup could be put to good use.

foxdonut, May 25, 6:09am
I was born and raised in New Zealand so based on your education system, yes, definitely.

taipan4, May 25, 6:19am
Actually in my day we said that as kids we succedeed in spite of our teachers not because of them as a ;lot of them were there to eat their lunch

grangies, May 25, 6:31am
In other words. A better built and more intensely quality controlled, product from Isuzu Japan, with a Holden badge.

freedomaira320, May 25, 6:47am
Forget the Colorado bit. The Aussies (and kiwis for that matter) are indeed very proud of Holden. That's why they renamed an Isuzu/ Chevrolet Colorado as a Holden. As they have done with many other cars sourced from all over the place. It's a powerful brandname.

mugenb20b, May 25, 6:53am
I've never heard of the brand name "Holden" until I came to NZ.

treachug, May 25, 7:49am
nope, Isuzu & GM split about 4-5 years ago. Hence why its now called a Colorado & sourced from Thailand. Weren't allowed to use Rodeo name as that belonged to Isuzu.
Now Isuzu D-max models are being sold in Nz.its very confusing for the general public I bet

mugenb20b, May 25, 8:04am
So, is Isuzu D Max mechanically different from the Colorado!

treachug, May 25, 8:10am
Unsure.the current D-max model looks to what was the old RA series Rodeo.

gtf, May 25, 8:16am
"Matilda" would have been a more rugged aussie name.

usdefault, May 25, 8:17am
It's a Vauxhall.

40wav, May 25, 8:18am
What about the 'Holden Bruce'. Surley that'd catch on!

gunhand, May 25, 8:25am
Austrailia dosent have any sensable names to place on cars anyway, they named there places Woolinggoolingone, Calgoole and Gimpy(sorry bout spelling)
They sound like someone just drew letters from a hat and went with it

40wav, May 25, 8:37am
Well, Holden Malloolaba - a ute mainly for commuting but can also carry a surf board (and nothing else)
Holden Alice Springs - A convertable (the roof has been chopped off in the factory with an axe) that can carry 12 adults, 5 kids and 9 dogs, plus a whole load of band equipment. (you get the roof too, and drag it along behind as a trailer)

Any more!

pebbles61, May 25, 8:43am
Piss off, you're out! Shane Warne!

gunhand, May 25, 8:47am
THe new Holden Panel Van could be called the "Piss Off. Kinda fits, like Drifter and Sandman.