Dual engine car question

Page 2 / 2
aj254, May 25, 11:14pm
Most auto trans are easy to hook up to a manual shift system, if they were hooked up to the same shifting switches they would change in sync, or if you want it auto, hook them both up to the same computer. But they would need to have the same gear ratios. Or at least the same gear spacing, the difference in ratio could be compensated by larger/smaller wheels. Check thetransmssion numbers, it could work if you put in the time and effort.

clark20, May 25, 11:28pm
The twin mini was (I think) Syndney Gardener! from CHCH, used it in hillclimbs and motokhanas. His daughter (Tina)lived in Auckland.

noswalg, May 26, 4:17am
this mini looks like a whole heap of fun http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=X2Tyi3XFt5g

petermcg, May 26, 5:13am
Yes Bud it will work,It is a bit akward cos the front and rear axles arent actually connected with a drive shaft, they are totally separate. Equal to the complete opposite of traction control, if you know what i mean.Having automatics is a help when constructing a beast like this,,, you will need to do a lot of experimenting to get it balanced. For example the rear set up could be set up with a lesser throttle opening and maybe a different kick down adjustment. front and rear steering would be fun. The differing ratios would not matter and the motors could change gears or ratios at there will and would not need to be the same, the engine revs would comensate for that. Use one big radiator at the front and cool both motors together,, you may need an extra pump to do this, It is not the water that does the cooling it is the air, water is just a heat exchanger. I think one throttle pedal would work but you could experiment with two,