Is anyone going to want the old cars?

Page 4 / 4
big.b-lil.c, Jun 19, 7:10am
bit ot but fits with the auction quoted, my grandfather plowed with a 6 horse team (if ya don't get the first farrow strait give up) he also made hay with the same team. sadly the machinery is long gone but some of the tac is still at my parents place. i can remember him making hay stacks in the mid 70's when i was a young kid. we have some way cool photos of the team's working

xacoon, Jun 19, 7:20am
yeh I have a real thing for the old machinery, never been a horse man but I wouldnt mind a clyde just to potter round on. got a wee bit of old gear here, got an old horse drawn sickle bar mower that has been modified for tractor use that is soon to go the resto route, got a '54 massey harris pony to pull a bit of gear round, (little brother to the one in the auction) would like to get a collection of stuff like a disk plough etc going at some stage

xacoon, Jun 19, 7:24am
get a few of those pics up if you have a chance would be cool

big.b-lil.c, Jun 19, 10:07am
im going to see mum tomorrow will ask to scan the photos. one of the funny things the old boy did was later in life he only had one horse so hitched up a dairy cow next to it to do a job. the neighbor had a fit, not sure why maybe it was his cow!

xacoon, Jun 19, 10:21am
hahahaaa thats brilliant. nowhere near as much fun is had in farming in this day and age.

lookoutas, Jun 19, 11:19am
He's not a bad prick afterall - is he!

xacoon, Jun 19, 8:49pm
fun ho can still be bought new off the shelf. so yes there must still be demand for them

lookoutas, Jun 19, 9:22pm
Back on the subject.
A lot of guys around here in their 30's are smiling for ear to ear driving their Yankee and Oz muscle around.
While there's petrol fumes floating around there will always be the ones who get hooked on it.

elect70, Jun 20, 1:13am
But eventuallypolitics will dictatevehicles that cant pass new srtingent emission//safteytestswillbe scapped & you will get achit for XXX$off newecono box with all the latest electronic gizmos, you wont actually drive itjust steer it as it will be deemed safer to let the onboard processordo therest.Onnce a year there will bea day for all theclassics / vintagestuff to have a runjust so public can see what their grandparents enjoyeddriving .

iman007, Jun 20, 1:24am
and people i know like to get married and taken to the church etc in classic cars, i know they love them.The last wedding i did was for a young lady i know, late 20s, and she said it her wish to ride in a stang to her wedding.I did my part (i dont charge for friends) and her husband arrived in a chevvy impala.The number of people that took pics of our cars was amazing! my cars when im gone will live on as someone elses dream!

melanie64, Jul 4, 12:11am
Two of our boys, aged8 & 10 have already decided who gets what car when they're old enough, get expensive though when you've got 5 kids!

fryan1962, Jul 4, 6:28am
if you think ass is going to fall out of vintage cars good on you, I have a classic car and you don't have enough money to buy it because it will remain with me until I die.I did bring it over from Australia,I love classic cars and rods I dislike regular tin top,as for your financial advise invest in something that interests you,there are a lot of baby boomer with a lot of cash

vjregal770, Jul 4, 10:58am
In 20 years' time there'll be precious few baby-boomers left. The question then will be - what will Generation X pay the big bucks for! Will they (me included) have the disposable income in the first place! Hell, will the Nazi greens legislate anything that isn't a diesel Polo or a Prius into uneconomic oblivion by then!

lovemore_mbigi, Aug 29, 3:51pm
So supply a mathematical attraction model then dude.