Holden or ford

dyln.sampson, Jun 3, 9:54am
Looking at buying either a Holden or ford!

- both 2005 xr6 or sv6

What are the cons and good points to the pair! Any suggestions! I like both! I have taken both for a test. Now just wanting to know which one is better.

andrea_w, Jun 3, 9:55am
.better!
Oh this should be good!

*grabs the popcorn*

a.woodrow, Jun 3, 9:56am
They are both cut from the same cloth, if you have no affinity for branding, buy the one you liked best in the test drive

dyln.sampson, Jun 3, 9:58am
Lol I think I'll buy both!

unbeatabull, Jun 3, 10:08am
Haven't had as much experience working on the Holdens, but both cars have relatively reliable engines that have been round for a while so most issues are ironed out or have parts readily available to them.

The Falcon is generally pretty good, once they start getting up in the mileage (150,000k+) the suspension joints & bushes start getting wear and may knock. The BA and BF I models also had common front balljoint wear, but is a cheap part to replace. As long as the car + trans + diff has all been regularly serviced you shouldn't get many problems from the drivetrain.

The Holden is much the same, start suffering from wear in the suspension in higher K's. As with anything service history counts for a lot.

Most people seem to find the Holden is a bit nimbler through the tight stuff, whereas the Falcon 6 has a bit more power + torque and is a bit more comfortable to ride in. Really up to you to take both for a drive and see which you prefer

clark20, Jun 3, 10:44am
If its pre VE Commodore I would go the Falcon

mantagsi, Jun 3, 12:26pm
oh dear, one of these threads again.

bellky, Jun 3, 8:47pm
Take them for a test drive and come back and tell US.

casper35, Jun 3, 8:57pm
I found the ride more comfortable in the xr6 than the hoiden esp on a long trip. That was why i bought one.

berg, Jun 3, 8:58pm
I worked for Holden and own a VZ. I'm sure that if I had worked for Ford I probably would have brought a Ford. They are both much of a muchness.

yogibearz, Jun 4, 1:16am
Comes down to personal preference. Both good reliable cars and as stated above much of a muchness. My personal preference is the Ford. Have had an 06 XR6 and it did 150000km trouble free. Now have a 2010 FG XR6 and enjoy driving it as well.

richardmayes, Jun 4, 1:23am
I've never owned either but I've driven both; I liked the Ford much better than the Holden. Those XR6s are lovely cars, as long as there's no rust in the back end of the body.

That model Commodore has a really harsh back axle that hits every tiny bump in the road really hard. but somehow it's still soft and floaty when you get to some twisty roads and try to throw it about a bit. It's just not the sports saloon car it pretends to be.

attitudedesignz, Jun 4, 1:27am
That right there is a good concise answer.

dante055, Jun 4, 2:39am
sv6

lillian8, Jun 4, 3:03am
I just went thu this myself lol, but with ve sv6 / fg xr6 i asked all the questions done all the test drives etc etc and coming from a chev pick up thay were both nice to drive lol. How ever i my view the xr6 was much better than the sv6over all for the newer models but its what you like or want or more what fits you if you know what i mean