'Road rage' driver banned

Page 2 / 2
johnf_456, Jun 13, 11:05pm
Oh please

elect70, Jun 14, 2:03am
Get the bastards riding 2 or more abreast aroundLake Taupoaround the windy bitsbetweenMotuopa &passing lanes at bottom ofhillnowhere to pass themwith on comming traffic .flash lightsgive them thefinger, no effectsome just give the finger back .Sometimes feel like giving them alittle shunt up the rear .

trogedon, Jun 14, 3:11am
Well gee, like they're going to see you flash your lights when they're unlikely to have no mirror. Same goes for your rude gestures. Any other bright ideas! No.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 14, 4:09am
Just to be clear,

Cyclists are not allowed to ride two abreast when:

1. They are passing other vehicles, including parked vehicles
2. They are impeding the traffic behind

Its time the Police stopped playing around trying to scam money by ticketing people for 1km/h over the limit and actually started ticketing some cyclists.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 14, 4:12am
BTW, you think cyclists are bad.
I was driving down my road the other day to find MY lane was completely blocked by two ladies. One was jogging/pushing a double side by side pram while her friend jogged on the outside of the pram (so as to make it even wider). They were coming towards me COMPLETELY blocking my lane. No effort at all to move over or anything, just expected me to swerve into the oncoming lane to go around them.

All the while. perfectly good footpath on that side of the road they could have been using. For crying out loud ladies, buy a one behind the other pram and jog on the footpath. Unbelievable!

friendly_prawn, Jun 14, 4:28am
seen that more than once.A lady pushing her way out in to the traffic with a pram. Car vs pram!
One would imagine instinct would be strong enough not to want to risk their babies lives. I find that bizzare when I come accross it. When ever Im out with baby, Im far more careful than I would ever be by myself if attempting to cross a road.
Yet some women seem to think their prams are made of titanium and have an invisible force field around them that will stop any car.Crazy eh Jazz!

vivac, Jun 14, 5:06am
Yeah, i have found that too, women just push a pram out on to the road without looking, i have had a few close calls

thejazzpianoma, Jun 14, 6:01am
Yip. about the only thing I have ever seen not get out of the way when the mighty Multipla is hurtling down upon them.

trogedon, Jun 14, 6:17am
Occasionally I come across runners on the road (when I??

johnf_456, Jun 14, 7:32am
You appear to be in favor of cyclist causing annoyance on the roads they don't pay to use. Why is this! We all have to share the road so why not think of others and keep far left as possible. And yes I have riding bikes a lot on the road, some people just need to learn about respecting others.

As for this incident, both of them have behaved in a childish manner.

johnf_456, Jun 14, 7:34am
I totally agree!

If only some people engaged their brains to think about consequences of their actions.

richardmayes, Jun 14, 7:55am
We've only had our new baby out once in the giant 3-wheeled urban assault pram (carrying him in a Mei Tai sling is so much easier!)

But the lifetime habit of walking right up to the edge of the road to look before crossing is strong- you have to really actively think to yourself "No, pushing the pram out onto the road in front of me is nuts, I need to turn it alongside me somehow. ."

ryans, Jun 14, 7:59am
I completely disagree. Someone scared would have gotten off the road, the motorist was obviously driving close, probably beeping at them and when he went past the cyclist squirted his water at him. This time he messed with the wrong person.

ryans, Jun 14, 8:00am
I'm allowed to walk right behind you breathing heavily, but that doesn't mean it's right to do so.

trogedon, Jun 14, 8:03am
This is YOU saying that. I've hungback from taking a shot but not this time.

johnf_456, Jun 14, 8:04am
I am not blaming anyone just making a generalized statement, alot of Kiwi drivers do not think much further than what is front of them by about 5m. They do not scan the road ahead and many many people lack to respect others and share the roads we all given privilege to use not a right. That includes riding single file, keeping left, pulling over and letting cars go if you are driving slow for whatever reason. I.e towing and limited to 90

There is nothing wrong with cyclists having respect for other road users and allowing traffic to pass freely with out having some cyclists deciding it is their right to ride double file. In my younger days I use to bike rides heaps when everything was close by and I had the time to travel. So to me it is plain courteous.

trogedon, Jun 14, 8:08am
I have be scared by motorists while riding. I have a different times yelled back at them &/or flicked the bird. Do you know about the flight or fight response that humans have! Sometimes the choice is faster than our 'thinking' mind can choose. Mr Glubb had plenty of time to think before he initiated his unsafe driving moves.

trogedon, Jun 14, 8:11am
You don't have the right to do that to anyone. Its called intimidation. Bullying is another word that could be used. Its easy to be a bully when your driving a 1.5 + tonnes hunk of steel and plastic against a person on a 6kg + bicycle.

lalbagh, Jun 14, 9:25am
all very well- but how do you report them! They dont have rego's. Maybe its about time they did

trogedon, Jun 14, 10:36am
lalbagh wrote:

all very well- but how do you report them! They dont have rego's. Maybe its about time they did[/quote

I know its an old skool saying but we have a record with the needle stuck in the same old groove here folks.

ema1, Jun 14, 11:20am
Reckon this fits in here some where's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=luKmSLXukaw&feature=related

craigsmith, Jun 15, 6:16am
While a lot of cyclists may take liberties and deserve a bit of censuring, a lot of the cases complained about by the ignorant motorist involve the cyclists acting in a very defensive way for their own safety. In many circumstances, if they don't deliberately prevent cars overtaking or pushing them off the road, they end up in dangerous situations. You all experience idiots being idiots on the roads; imagine the same situations but with no protection at all between you and the road or other vehicles.

And as for Tamaki Dr, I have never been held up by cyclists. Outside of the various bay centers the road is wide and the lanes are separated by a good median. It is always easy to overtake cyclists, even if they are two-abreast.

I have much more of an issue with the f* heads who seem to think it's acceptable to drive along there at 30 km/hr - and since there's always one, and for the most part it's single lane with no overtaking on account of the median, it's damned frustrating.