Lexus v8. Ive put a lexus into a suzuki escdo with surf tans behind it used factory v8 computormotor starts and runs fine as soo

tonym8, Jul 8, 10:14am
I,ve put a lexus into a suzuki escdo with surf tans behind it used factory v8 computormotor starts and runs fine as soon as i put it in gear and under load the engine seems to louse a few cylinders and has no power (trans is not wired into engine loom ) can anyone help thanks

gadgit3, Jul 8, 10:55am
What gen engine have you got!
VVTi
Trac control still fitted to throttle body!

tonym8, Jul 8, 11:02am
got 1991 on the spark leads

snoopy221, Jul 8, 11:04am
A very uique repower IMHO
AND OLE GADGIT KNOWS IS SHYTE.K
(Did 4 an! get warnings kel!)-LOL

cjohnw, Jul 8, 11:06am
Yeah,. nah, you've got the wrong wiper blades.

gadgit3, Jul 8, 11:19am
1991 Gen 1 engine then, ECU should be good to go for manual trans. (you have issues with gen2 and 3 ECU and manuals)
Trac control might be your issue you need to remove/unplug the TPS on the rear side of the throttle body and the throttle motor (if it has one depending on it's app)

gadgit3, Jul 8, 11:21am
Haha nah mrs changed password one day to prevent a hack and I couldn't get in at work so made a new account lol

snoopy221, Jul 8, 11:23am
Feck like i didn't know who gadgit was.-LOL

snoopy221, Jul 8, 11:24am
Take it ya still runnin that lexxie hi ace!

gadgit3, Jul 8, 11:28am
Hell yea. Just got it back this week. been away getting fitted up with a rear seat and chair hoist for the young feller so as the mrs dosn't have to lift his 25kg ass and 6kg chair into the van lol

snoopy221, Jul 8, 11:30am
chair hoist for the young feller so as the mrs dosn't have to lift his 25kg ass and 6kg chair into the van
ah well not like tis the only bubs.
mmmmmm!

gadgit3, Jul 8, 11:32am
Yea thats why we had the other rear seat certed lol get them both in the back.
TV and DVD fitted up next week to keep 'em amused

snoopy221, Jul 8, 11:34am
all gud.
say hi to da missus and rug rats kel.
(4moi)

falcon15, Jul 9, 1:08am
I have the same setup in my suzuki. if it drops back to 4 cylinders under load it could be a stuffed coil. I had the same thing happen to me and it turned out to be the top coil. They are cheap enough brand new from repco

tonym8, Jul 9, 11:06am
Thanks Guys I'll try both tomorrow

tonym8, Jul 10, 3:43am
have tried these and the engine is still laking power an dropping cylinders under load until it gets up in the revs then it seems to be ok.

tonym8, Jul 14, 12:06am
is there any more ideas

antwerp87, Jul 14, 12:51am
Either that or the interior light is blown. Its the only 2 options left. Other than the Right Rear tyre pressure is 2psi too low

falcon15, Sep 10, 6:12pm
if its dropping cylinders under load it had to be ignition breaking down which means coil, leads, plugs or dizzy cap and rotors. coils and dizzy cap/rotors are quiet common on 1uz's