Toyota vitz grrrrrrrr

booker16, Jul 12, 8:38am
my 1999toyota vitz is being a sod! abs light comes on and stays on then as soon as i get to the place to have it tested to find out what the error is it goes out! grrrrrr. anyone have any idea!

grangies, Jul 12, 8:42am
Yep. I have an idea.

Just ignore it lol.

The car will be worth bugger all anyway.

mugenb20b, Jul 12, 8:44am
How many times did this happen! Just once! Have you had it wheel spinning or driven on the loose surface like mud or gravel!

booker16, Jul 12, 9:48am
happens almost daily now, i swear it knows when we are close to the shop! mud or gravel i chch! LOL but no. thanks ova53 ill try that tomorrow.

cjohnw, Jul 12, 10:17am
A Vitz wheel spinning!

Ha ha ha ha.

gadgit3, Jul 12, 8:02pm
Even if the light is not on the code for the fault will be logged so taking it in to the shop is not a waist of time. The tech should be able to scan for codes and repair the intermitent fault is there is one.

kazbanz, Jul 12, 8:22pm
I'm not a sparkie but that sounds to me like a wheel sensor playing up.
How deep in mud and sludgy water has the lil car been-and how often!
You may find that pulling the wheels off and water blasting the hubs/disks may fix matters-My logic there is that the left front wheel especially has the abs cuttouts clogged with sludge

phalanax, Jul 12, 9:51pm
Got the same model.havent had any probs at all with anything other than the brother inlaw bumping it with his terrano (needs an eyesight test i suspect .).very economical and reliable car .(1000cc.version.lol ) not a grunter for sure but runs on the smell of an oily rag.take it to a toyota service centre they will sort you.not worth messing with better to have it looked at by authorised service.that way you wont have an abs failure when you find yourself in a sticky situation.

booker16, Jul 13, 9:41am
cheers guys. it has been on off all today, has been to toyota out here in kaiapoi and they said it needed to have light on when tested but will try again. yep it has bin thru alot of silty crap lately so that could be another idea. thanks again

gadgit3, Jul 13, 9:48am
I'm a little disappointed in the Kaiapoi Toyota dealership then. The light dosn't have to be on to retrieve codes. and i'm not talking out a hole in me rear end. I have worked for Toyota in the workshop for 11 years

booker16, Sep 7, 6:54pm
oh they all good have been really good as car has needed more than its fair share of attention lately! have thought about giving up on it but cant find a suitable replacement( cheap to run, manual and able to cart the stuff i do around in it!