Toyota levin wonts start tried jumper cables. Makes a the usual noise but never starts

zbell, Jun 5, 2:52am
makes a the usual noise but never starts

johnf_456, Jun 5, 2:54am
Define usual noises!

andrea_w, Jun 5, 2:54am
You're going to have yo do much better than "the usual noises". Actually, there is so little useful info in your post, start it again! Be specific. what year Levin! Engine! Is it cranking and not firing! Is it not cranking! etc

What makes you say it's a flat battery as opposed to say. a dead fuel pump!

zbell, Jun 5, 2:56am
i don't know a lot about cars,except it is makes the noise when i start the key but never turns over,i tried using jumper leads and nothing happened,sorry if I'm not very helpful with info

andrea_w, Jun 5, 2:58am
Get a mechanic to look at it. No offence, but with your very limited mechanical knowledge, even if someone here could diagnose it, who is going to actually fix it!

zbell, Jun 5, 2:59am
myself,once i no the problem i can research

andrea_w, Jun 5, 3:02am
.but you can't even offer us any reliable details about the problem!
Also, nothing we diagnose on here is set in concrete. What if we get it wrong! We could send you on a wild goose chase! Some basic mechanical/electrical knowledge is required if you want to find and fix a mechanical/electrical problem.

tazcsv, Jun 5, 3:03am
Are you glow plugs working!

wellystretch, Jun 5, 3:15am
Could be as simple as a dead battery, leave the leads on for 5-10 mins then try turning it over. If you can get it going I would recommend driving to an auto electrician first and foremost.

wild-at-heart, Jun 5, 3:21am
tazcsv wrote:
Are you glow plugs working![/q
Levins are petrol

tazcsv, Jun 5, 3:27am
omg really

hopie, Jun 5, 3:36am
try 2 sets of jumper leads.

tazcsv, Jun 5, 3:40am
OR and i know this is a little but out there, get someone who knows what they are doing to look at it before you waste all your time and money on it.

n1smo_gtir, Jun 5, 3:42am
I had a 93 levin AE101 2 dr coupe with silvertop engine. one day i pulled into BP in rotorua to add gas. chucked gas in, paid and proceeded back to car only to find she wouldn't start. it turned out the ECU buggered itself somehow. was odd cos i got there fine.

if you turn key to on and hear no whinnining from the back, most likely yo fuel pump is gone.

cassum, Jun 5, 7:47am
Does it have window wipers and a stereo!

pup2, Jun 5, 8:50am
Easy, have had plenty of these come into the workshop. Someone has been playing with the switch in the glove box. It will need to be reset. Open the glove box and you should see a switch that works the glove box light. This switch also controls the injector pulse feed. Security feature set up by the manufacture. You will need to push it a certain number of times, then pause, then enter in 2nd number, pause, finally enter 3rd number. Numbers are the last 3 digits of your number plate. ie - if your number plate is LOL321, you would need to enter 3 then 2 then 1. Once done, your car will start. If this doesn't work, please post back.

satans_child_nz, Jun 5, 9:27am
no you need to toot the horn 3 times, and open and close each door only once and hold your foot on the brake while you turn the key

matarautrader, Jun 5, 9:42am
Those guys are talking rubbish. The correct thing to do is take the spare tyre out of the boot. Then jack the car up and install the spare tyre on the front left. Then let the jack down and go to the right rear tyre and jack the car back up and fit the tyre that came off the front left. Then let the jack down again and go to the front right and change that tyre. Finally take that tyre and fit it on the rear left. Then put the remaining tyre back in the boot, wash your hands and go inside and have a nana nap. One hour later ( not 59 minutes, not 61 minutes) try again, The car will be confused after the tyre changing so sneak up on the car from behind crawling on your stomach. When you get beside it jump up leap into the car and try again. Viola! Success will be yours!

satans_child_nz, Jun 5, 9:48am
you need to put your tounge on the end of one of the spark plug leads and get someone to turn the key, if you feel a shock, then it may be a fuel pump problem.

matarautrader, Jun 5, 9:51am
As satans_child_nz says but must try every spark plug lead to ensure same ammount of current is getting to each sparkplug.

satans_child_nz, Jun 5, 9:54am
but if the engine is not winding over at all you are looking at a new starter. best to put a fully charged battery in and try again

matarautrader, Jun 5, 10:04am
I prefer to use the tyre method first. If that doesn't work then it may be an electrical problem and the tougue method works well for diagnosing those problems. I have also found that a battery from a Mitsubishi works better than a Toyota battery.

pup2, Jun 5, 8:23pm
If the car has directional's, would it be best to sneak up from the front after the tyre change! and sneak up the rear if non directional's!

icemans1, Jun 6, 4:17am
as long as the stereo works, she'll be right mate