Electronic speedo

gutterbug1, Jun 5, 4:17am
Anyone know what is involved in fitting an electronic speedo in place of a cable driven one! I have heard you can buy an adapter for the gearbox

tazcsv, Jun 5, 4:47am
For a diesel by chance!

falcon15, Jun 5, 5:24am
im guessing for a diesel also. can be done you will need to change the dash cluster and wiring loom aswell though

thewomble1, Jun 5, 8:40am
Supplement the car speedo with a GPS SPEEDO. Gives the car speed but not distance covered. Just plug into cig lighter and place unit on dashboard.

gutterbug1, Jun 5, 8:58am
For a petrol car

smac, Jun 5, 9:07am
gutterbug what they mean is they don't know.

It depends entirely on what vehicle you have and what you are looking at fitting. I'd suggest you find a forum for your specific vehicle, you'll get more specific and less judgemental help.

bigfatmat1, Jun 5, 9:10am
you can by speedo cable to electronic signal adaptors. then its just a matter of + & -

bigfatmat1, Jun 5, 9:11am
Trygauge experts like parrotts in chch or robinsons in auckland

berg, Jun 5, 9:41am
Dakota Digital. Have a look at their site. I imported a set of their gauges a few years back.

patiki1, Jun 5, 10:01am
I put a electronic speedo in my vl commodore when i installed a t56 gearbox.Im using a speco electronic speedo.VDO,autometer also make them.You can also use a Cable-X Box that converts the electronic signal to a gear driven cable.

martin11, Jun 5, 9:21pm
I have one in my sports car and it had an adapter that screwed on to the gear box and had a cable to go to the speedo head which needed power and an earth wire attached + lighting wire . It is full adjustable so put your car on a rolling bed and get it set right .
Got it from Frazer Cars Auckland but I believe parrots in Chch have them also

elect70, Jun 6, 2:19am
See robinson instruments,

mckade2, Jun 6, 4:15am
found in the past an eaton diff splitter cable inline quite handy incase you need too turn off cable to speedo for wateva reason,mount in cab where handy to get at