Ba falcon oil leak.

don_logan, Jun 5, 1:29am
Got an oil leak at front of engine on Ba falcon. Looked and found the nut on end of power steering hose to pump was leaking at oring. So I replaced and it reduced the amount of oil in that area. But still appears to be a small oil leak coming from front of engine, I've cleaned several time and I'll be stuffed if I can find where its leaking.ok My question, I'm guessing it could be cam chain cover, front crank seal or something I maybe missing!. is there any go to faults the barra engine has which could cause this.As its hard to pick it. It gets onto the Belt and then thrown all over the place. and its small enough that, I cant see the initial point its leaking from. thanks Don.

jason18, Jun 5, 4:14am
I have same problem with au falcon!

don_logan, Jun 5, 4:27am
Doing a bit of reading the E series cars (which I am guesssing has similar engine to the AU) seem to have a weakness around the cam chain cover, or the cam chain adjuster. I think this sits under the powersteering pump. But I cant find much information about weakness in same area of the BA. I may just have to start stripping it down and hoping I can see something obvious.

unbeatabull, Jun 5, 6:17am
x1
Quite common for the covers to leak on all models of Falcon . even the new FG's and Territories have had a few come back under warranty with this.

Only real solution is to remove all the rocker car, front cover etc and reseal it . we also use to shorten all the bolts on the cover by about 2mm cause apparently they bottomed out, but even the newer ones do it so you would hope they had remedied that.

don_logan, Jun 5, 7:19am
Cool. Thanks unbeatabull. is it a drama getting front cover off!

jason18, Jun 5, 7:37am
Awesome thanks. !

whqqsh, Jun 5, 7:49am
my 'coons been going great but recently got a dose of Ford, noisey belt tensioner pulley, replaced that & belt, when I dropped the belt off the water pump started dripping (didnt do it before but lucky find imo), so that as well & got alternator checked & was a bit down so sparky gave her a new reg & clean up. So all well until the next day Im thinking how well its running & noticed an oil leak. Can just see its wet above the dipstick/oil filter, but dry under inlet manifold, bugger! wait until the driveways dry before I slide under lol

guest, Aug 15, 7:36am
does anyone know if there is a o ring or gasket in behind the mount for the oil filter..i have an oil leak that seem to be coming from behind oil filter and dripping from mount..car is a 2002 ba fairmount ghia v8..thanks steve