This guy can sure drive

Page 1 / 2
zak1998, Jul 10, 1:02pm

pollymay, Jul 10, 2:25pm
Can't stand that guy actually

extrayda, Jul 10, 8:07pm
Coming from the 'do a skid' guy pollymay!
I like watching his videos, no idea what he is like in real life though.

friendly_prawn, Jul 10, 8:19pm
I 'd hate to be a cop trying to stop him on a public road if he ever decided to go loose. That guy can drive.

pfemstn, Jul 10, 8:32pm
came 11th i think in rally nz

attitudedesignz, Jul 10, 11:10pm
Catching him would be easy, just stand on side of road with 'spike strip' and wait 'til he goes past on one of his couple o' hundred practices.

Yes he can kinda drive but you'd expect that because of the amount of time he practices.

I'll end with saying, HE AINT NO SCANDINAVIAN haha.

sr2, Jul 10, 11:18pm
He sure makes our Kiwi D1 scene look a little amature!

hopie, Jul 10, 11:31pm
the first vid was the best.

bcbuilding, Jul 11, 12:10am
Green with envy much!

Personally, for outright skill on wheels, I prefer to watch Danny MacAskill, but Ken Block's gymkanas are well filmed and highlight some totally impressive abilities, and there is not a man on this mb that could outdrive him.Except maybe Jazz in a 2.0L diesel Tourag with a DSG box.

motorboy2011, Jul 11, 12:18am
anyone could do that with all the time and practice he gets. look as his rally results, he constantly fails to do well on a course he cant do day after day, time after time.

friendly_prawn, Jul 11, 1:29am
reckon you could take him eh!

flack88, Jul 11, 1:31am
No the Police drivers catch him easy ,they do Advanced Driver Training there the best drivers in the country,and dont try and out run them!

attitudedesignz, Jul 11, 2:16am
I don't recall saying that.

sas777, Jul 11, 3:42am
Ah, someone mentioned Danny MacAskill, extraordinary bicycle rider.
Here's a vid of him at work:

http://youtu.be/Z19zFlPah-o

Pretty good eh, but there again he's got skill in his name

bcbuilding, Jul 11, 3:55am
Yep.My 7 year old son absorbs everything he can by Danny.I rue the day he starts trying to replicate some of those tricks, I've already seen him mentally measuring the height of the shed.I think he'd have a go if he could just work out how to get his bike up there in the first place.

fordcrzy, Jul 11, 5:31am
the video looks good because he had like 12 goes at every corner and the took the best looking edit.anyone can do that.(and yes, i can heli around a cone no sweat thanks). im sure if i had 12 goes at a gymkana course and edited up all the best corners id look like a god too.

bcbuilding, Jul 11, 5:40am
From another thread.

PICS PICS PICS. OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

friendly_prawn, Jul 11, 5:49am
was just teasing yah mate.

sw20, Jul 11, 5:53am
He has lots of fun. I'm jelly.

friendly_prawn, Jul 11, 6:46am
as Im sure we all are.
I think most here would give their left you know what to be able to do what he does on a regular basis. Oh what fun.

noswalg, Jul 11, 7:06am
He's got a huge amount of talent and also makes an awesome pair of snowboarding footwear to boot (no pun intended)

gunhand, Jul 11, 7:08am
Anybody who knocks him should post video of themselves doing at least 1/4 of what he can do. And yes there were lots of marks wear he had already been but im sure he would done a few receys first as would anyone. Its not like he had a co pilot with pass notes.

red97, Jul 11, 7:08am
dont want to sound like a simpleton (again) but how did he get a city empty to play in!

mgmad, Jul 11, 7:26am
Give me a 1/4 of his money and I will.

Is Ken Block a very good driver. Yes. Is he a great driver! No. In that vid there was, to me, only one piece of properly skilled driving, and that was going up the hairpin road - that was good to watch.

gammelvind, Jul 11, 7:50am
I have seen several of Ken Blocks vids, was impressed, but thought it interesting when he was interviewed at the latest rally here. He said he was here to learn, then we never heard about him featuring in the results, just goes to show just how good the big boys really are.