Cops at gas stations

Page 1 / 4
roys351, Jul 4, 5:17am
saw 1 today checking wofs regos and licences at bp levin talk about cost cutting they dont even use any gas to get their qouta kinda takes the sport out of it dunnit!

friendly_prawn, Jul 4, 5:33am
Damn cops. How dare they do their job too efficiently. You should have gone and told him off.

curlcrown, Jul 4, 5:36am
Wonder what the owner of the petrol station has to say about that. Not exactly good for buisness.

hijacka, Jul 4, 5:40am
Bet ya it was a BP Connect so they can sip there latte while they dish out tickets like lolly's lol.

1hotdragon, Jul 4, 5:46am
Wouldn't the forecourt be classed as private property.

roys351, Jul 4, 5:46am
the guy behind the counter wasent to happy about it and said they do it all the time but they cant tell them not to without head office approvel.can they even give a ticket on private property!

bitsy_boffin, Jul 4, 5:48am
It will be classed as a road for enforcement purposes.

The definition of road is very VERY broad in this country.

Google it (or even search this message board, it's been discussed a few times).

roys351, Jul 4, 5:48am
yep it was and a hiway patrol car i thought they were ment to be more about speeding

saffa2, Jul 4, 5:52am
Have to wonder why the nay sayers are disturbed at the police enforcing the law that they presumably abide by.

roys351, Jul 4, 5:52am
i was tempted to but i was driving a mates van thats wof had just run out!

vtecnet, Jul 4, 5:54am
I'm paranoid that I'll be caught without rego, the sticker shows that it ran out 30/06/2012, I ordered it online last Weds and it hasn't turned up in the post, I still need to get to work and back though. I'm pretty sure they would still fine me for it if I was pulled over, despite the fact that on the computer it would show I had paid.

bubbles244, Jul 4, 5:57am
even though you do not have the label it will show up as current in a VIR.

how ever a parking ticket in town maybe a different story.

roys351, Jul 4, 6:09am
you can go to vtnz or postoffice and they will give you a new label

kazbanz, Jul 4, 6:14am
you did print out your receipt diddn't you!

johnf_456, Jul 4, 6:14am
Good on them, its what they are paid to do.But then again no one likes getting busted.

johnf_456, Jul 4, 6:15am
Takes a while to come but it should come tomorrow.

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 4, 6:21am

brevo1, Jul 4, 6:43am
ball bags

zephyrheaven, Jul 4, 6:45am
When will they just install EFTPOS in their cars, couldnt be far away surely

vtecnet, Jul 4, 6:52am
Would be handy, would save having to go to the bank and pay etc

roys351, Jul 4, 6:55am
but they are about saftey not revenue arnt they

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 4, 6:55am
These plastic driver's licenses are a pain. At least with the paper ones you could store a $50 in them.

lpggas, Jul 4, 6:59am
It's called making efficient use of there time whilst they are filling up ( they have bp fuel cards ) . What's the problem with it ! . If it was a genuine oversight by driver in forgetting to renew the rego or Wof then you get 7 days to get it sorted & the ticket is cancelled , clowns with vehicles not up to WOF standard are a far bigger road hazard than somebody getting pinged for 105 in a passing lane !

dr.doolittle, Jul 4, 6:59am
They should have an officer in the ques at post shops, AA & VTNZ.

patiki1, Jul 4, 7:00am
Thats BP's fault for having good donuts.