Question. Does a hearse need a COF ?

Page 2 / 2
beblowin, Jul 6, 6:24am
why are people so confused ! its simple, if a company uses it, then its hired as part of the funeral package then a cof is required, if youknow someone who lends you a hearse then it doesnt because its not hired for reward, if unsure ring nzta

neo_psy, Jul 6, 10:12am
Pretty sure they don't need a COF. The meat-wagons (pick up vehicles) definately don't.

Just carjammed one of their hearses and it's got a WOF.

gunhand, Jul 6, 10:19am
Um, no they dont sorry.Just a full car licence.

willemakeit, Jul 6, 10:38am
ambo'sneed passenger service licence

gunhand, Jul 6, 10:39am
Who told you this bollocks.

modie61, Jul 6, 10:40am
So does an ambo driver need a logbook !

modie61, Jul 6, 10:41am
Does a Fire truck driver need a logbook !

gunhand, Jul 6, 10:42am
Not sure but again dont think so, they are exempt as far as im awhere.

modie61, Jul 6, 10:47am
gun,on another subject,ive got the vn already for a wof,which i will get this coming week i hope. Then its on to fixing some paint matching that is way out on 1 side,it is on the r/r door and r/r guard,im unsure how much its going to be,if i take some pics do you want to have a guess at cost for me !

gunhand, Jul 6, 10:49am
Try anything once LOL.go for it.Im up till 11.15or ill look tomorrow if you make a new post.

modie61, Jul 6, 10:57am
Ok thanks. Tommorow,it is.I cant find the pics i took awhile ago.

gunhand, Jul 6, 10:58am
No worries.

berg, Jul 6, 8:41pm
Wow, so many conflicting stories, so little time.
The hearse one is really interesting as it seems to depend on how the vehicle was first registered and if it carries passengers (other than the stiff) in the course of its duties. In saying that, they are exempt from requiring a PSL (passenger service licence) while in their duties as a hearse.
Ambos, no logbook required as they are exempt but they do have to comply with the work time rule in regards to logbook hours although they do have exceptions written in law to cover priority callouts.
The ambo service is required to have a passenger service licence as they carry passengers for hire or reward. Ambo drivers only require a full drivers licence not a P endorcement.
Fire, also exempt from logbooks but the fire service is required to have a TSL as they carry goods for hire or reward being water.
Driving Miss Daisy cars need a COF as they are a taxi or shuttle service and the drivers need a P endorcement.
Courier vehicles are a light motorvehicle (unless they have a GVM exceeding 3500kg) and do not require a COF.
Hope this helps

mrfxit, Jul 6, 9:32pm
THanks Berg.
Yea spose once you're dead & in the box, it's just a box of meat in the back of the hearse unless you start carrying the relatives as well.
Maybe with the hearses that only have a wof, the company won't allow passengers to travel in the hearse.
Have seen passengers in a hearse at a funeral before but not often.

steve98h, Jul 6, 10:19pm
we used to do wof on a couple of hearses for a local funeral service.
so maybe it nly needs a wof! depends on the weight

modie61, Jul 7, 4:58am
Thanks berg,that would explain the 2 hearses that i saw,1 with cof and 1 with wof.

1 more,do ambos have to have a cof !

berg, Jul 7, 5:17am
Yes Ambos do need a COF as they are a passenger service vehicle.

icemans1, Jul 7, 5:27am
nah just a COFfin