Will new cars become classics/collectable?

Page 3 / 3
3tomany, Jul 16, 8:31pm
no way all chicks love it. it is so cool my daughter who said when i bought it she wont go any where near it now wants to take it everywere

sifty, Jul 16, 9:13pm
Funny how all the kids want an old V8 to go to the ball in.

jason18, Jul 16, 9:19pm
Every day I get daddy can you pick me up from school in your V8. All the kids like it cos its speedy

bellky, Jul 16, 9:34pm
Plus it's gangster.

elect70, Jul 17, 2:28am
But will it survive long enough to become a classic .Read the thread aboutVZfansfarked after 6 years !

3tomany, Jul 17, 2:40am
but fixing old cars is half the fun of it for some. A lot of classics were terrably unreliable in there day

sifty, Jul 17, 2:55am
Good point, I have a few old brit bikes that took a fair bit of twiddling to come right. And they still leave me standing on the side of the road phoning a friend occasionally.

[edit] and by 'twiddling' I mean redesigning, remachining and rebuilding much of the original.

pebbles61, Jul 17, 9:12am
Yea I guess it'd might be different if I had a Yankie doodle V8. lol

fordcrzy, Jul 17, 9:21am
i reckon i think i have seen ONE crx in the last 2 years

shuddupowh, Jul 18, 12:23am
This reminds of that stupid Toyota Corolla guy that wanted to go to Beach Hop. Because its so damn rare, its worth its weight in Gold x 1000.

bellky, Jul 18, 12:26am
I saw a mint one the weekend before last - huge Maori driving it in Orewa.

sifty, Jul 18, 12:56am
To9 be fair, I can't recall the last time I saw a Torana, or 180B or even a mkIII Cortina on the road, and they used to be everywhere.

When you do spy one they are usually very tidy, lurking in sheds waiting for sunny days, and nothing wrong with that.

jason18, Jul 18, 1:30am
I found a mint 34 ford sedan sitting in a customers shed the other day. It was her dads that he bought brand new. Still has log book from 1934-65. Running the original motor/wheels etc. Its a minta! And she is thinking of selling ;) Have put 1st dibs on it for dad haha