Car wont start any ideas

niknaks, Jun 23, 12:45am
Completely thick when it comes to cars dont mind admitting.

Daughters car running beautiful bu this morning went to start it and justa tick, tick, tick coming from under bonnet. Battery is fine as its new.

Is it the starter motor and what can i do to fix it. Is it a garage job or is there anything i can do.

I am in the AA should i call them!

sifty, Jun 23, 12:50am
check tightness of battery terminals, may pay to remove, clean and retighten.!

And yes might as well get some use out of the AA if that doesn't work

red97, Jun 23, 12:51am
why is the battery new! did the old battery die! could the new one have died too for the same reason the old one did! is the battery fine because it is new or because you put you multi meter on it and that told you it was fine! definately call the AA if your paying for them you should use them, and when the AA guy/girl gets it going ask them to check if the alternator is charging your new battery.

joe-996, Jun 23, 12:51am
battery is flat, call the AA if you know bugger all about cars them im guessing you wont know how to jump start it correctly, just call the AA mate.

niknaks, Jun 23, 12:53am
Cheers guys. The tick tick tic isnt coming from the battery its coming from the back of the engine

llortmt, Jun 23, 2:18am
The tick tick is coming from the starter motor which IS down the back of the engine, it's not the problem. your battery's flat or the terminals are loose/corroded. Try jump starting it (wont fix it but may start & prove its not the starter).

niknaks, Jun 23, 2:38am
superb help guys thanks.
jump started it and it started.
Cheers again