2006 falcon lpg xls-engine stalling and dies?

huntah1, Jun 20, 6:07am
Have just had for the third time my ute cut out and die on me.100km zone,braking and turning a corner and oil,battery and the little engine with the fan symbol (hehehe can you tell i'm a girl.) come on and then next thing no engine has stopped.Turn car off and on again and starts and drives fine.Have booked it into the ford garage for next weds (earliest I can get it in) but wondered if anybody knew what that could be! TIA

don_logan, Jun 20, 7:33am
Not saying it is, but first thing I would check is the balance pipe from airbox to convertor. but someone else could have a better idea!

unbeatabull, Jun 20, 8:15am
Have you been having your regulator serviced!

They get waxxed up etc and require servicing every service. Quite often will see cars coming in with this problem and the reg is just full of crap. If doing yourself, remove the solenoids out the top and the two drain bungs out the bottom. Remove the spring & jet out of the rear one and clean them out. Clean out with brakecleen through the top until it runs clean out the bottom & reassemble - when refitting in the solenoid only nip them, if you do them up tight it swells the inner bit and jams up. Also check these are free.

huntah1, Jun 20, 8:34am
thanks for suggestions,regulator was cleaned by the gge about 2 mths ago.Not sure how often it should be done! Don logan thanks for suggestion,will look into that.Cheers

don_logan, Jun 20, 8:44am
Was the ute running ok before it was cleaned a few months ago! As unbeatabull says they should be drained when serviced. I drain mine and clean idle jet while doing my oil change.

don_logan, Jun 20, 8:49am
I've had a gummed up idle jet, and presented as a flat spot off idle. I have read about Lpg falcons stalling when slowing down due to a crack or split in the flexible balance pipe.

unbeatabull, Jun 20, 8:52am
And check the solenoid things are free at the top of the regulator. They get sticky as well and if they were overtightened last time it swells them and they bind up as well.

huntah1, Jun 20, 9:27am
fantastic,thanks for all that.Feel much more positive that maybe it is a minor issue.Great advice cheers