Reversing cameras. We have just got an mpv i am wanting to get a reversing camera any idea where i can get one and any recommend

kacoha, Jun 18, 1:00am
We have just got an MPV, I am wanting to get a reversing camera, any idea where I can get one, and any recommendations on the brand to get! Thanks

hopie, Jun 18, 1:03am
there is a site in NZ called trademe that sells them. Have a look there.

kacoha, Jun 18, 1:06am
cheers for that.

ianrich, Jun 18, 1:06am
Auto Electricians or car stereo places like Trendz or Mad Sounds will be able to install them for you.

kazbanz, Jun 18, 4:18am
Op--I get to hop in and out of a big range of cars. I can say as a result that I DONT recomend the rear view mirror mounted camera. I reccomend getting one that is also a sterio so you have a 150x100mm screen.

pauloc, Jun 18, 5:13am
I am reliably informed there will be a very good range on Trade me with in the next two weeks

carclan, Jun 18, 5:51am
Better to use sensors in my opinion as its eyes and ears.

ceedoubleyou, Jun 18, 6:12am
I have both, camera and sensors, mostly rely on the sensors.

fordcrzy, Jun 18, 6:46am
the toyota ipsums have them standard

kaymay88, Jun 18, 7:26am
I have seen the cameras and screens purchased off ebay along with the cables and everything needed to hook them up for less than $70 NZ landed.

one, in particular was fitted to a motorcycle instead of mirrors, It would be fair to say that this particular bike gets bumped around way more than your average car, and the whole setup has been reliable and user friendly without problem for the last 6 months or so - so that is an option.

they are fairly quick and easy to install too. I did the one on the bike and the whole thing was done in less than an hour.

unbeatabull, Jun 18, 8:51am
Bike is a little different, you dont have a whole car to try and hide the cables out of sight from the boot to the front screen! Most of the time spent installing these is in the wiring, the actual install of the camera and screen generally doesn't take a lot of time.

alister1, Jun 18, 8:58am
Get a GPS from China and a revirsing camera as well easy to fit and cheep.

thewomble1, Jun 18, 9:21am
I have camera and sensors and I find the sensors more useful. Was told wireless camera not always the best option. Go to caragent and see if the have any suggestions. A friend of mine had one installed in their new car before purchasing and it took them 6 hours to install so not always easy to install yourself.
Finally if I had to pick either camera or sensors.sensors would win. Sensors have sound and most have a digital readout showing how far away the object is. Also most sensors cost less and easier to install.

kacoha, Jun 18, 6:40pm
Thanks for all your suggestions, will pass thison to my husband

ceebee2, Jun 18, 6:45pm
Go to a site in China called "Alibaba.com" or "Ali express" and see the hundreds you can choose from, freight to NZ FREE. Most of my colleagues are hooked on this site and have had excellent dealings with them. This site is an A-Z of everything.