Diesel = cancer

pettal, Jun 16, 2:15am

scoobeey, Jun 16, 2:46am
Smoking cancer,drinking cerosis,fatty foods heart attacks .The stress from worrying about all this ,high blood pressure ,heart attacks etc. Stop worrying and start living!

whqqsh, Jun 16, 2:50am
this isnt new, a University study found this quite a few years ago, it was on one TV news report then never mentioned again. too many market forces at work

djrandomguy, Jun 16, 3:30am
ha ha, the main point was that people need to maintain their vehicles as well as gaining the economy of a diesel. if you think for a second that a car using 30% more fuel to travel the save distance on petrol isn't emitting cancerous agents I feel sorry for ya.If you're really worried, buy a horse. Currently nothing is 100% finished in automotive, we live in an age of development, in 30 years we'll look back at transport in NZ in 2012 with disdain.

galex, Jun 16, 4:15am
Wood dust = cancer too [ http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0862305.html ], Burning you steak on the BBQ causes cancer, etc etc etc.
As scoobeey says just live your life .

msigg, Jun 16, 5:08am
Yes just get on with living ,our air in most of New Zealand is mostly good its always windy because we live in the roaring 40s , but hey tokyo is one of the more polluted cities in the world but they are renound for living the longest. So go figure.

morrisjvan, Jun 16, 5:19am
Die young-stay pretty.

rob_man, Jun 16, 7:06am
Living causes cancer.

gammelvind, Jun 16, 9:03am
Life is terminal!

gunhand, Jun 16, 9:05am
Yep, nothin worse than dieing at 98 from diesel induced cancer, and diesel does have DIE in its beginning after all.

pollymay, Jun 16, 9:10am
We are living longer than ever because of modern society then moaning about some of the bits that come part of it. You can live inside all your live like my grandmother and die at a million years old, doesn't matter cause you didn't live life anyway.

gunhand, Jun 16, 9:13am
Yea, what he said, I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. Well thats how far the walk to mailbox feels somedays anyway.

a18a, Jun 16, 11:23am
Shouldn't everyone have cancer by now!

socram, Jun 17, 3:14am
We probably all have got cancer of some sort, but it may not be terminal.

Worrying about cancer is far more likely to kill you than many cancers.

Laughter is the best medicine - for everything.

If leaded fuel was so bad, ditto butter, meat, sugar, cream, cheese, coffee, wheat etc., how come so many people have lived into their 90's!

trogedon, Jun 17, 3:54am
Wot he said. Some cancers are pretty easy to avoid so not.

elect70, Jun 17, 4:46am
The toluene in petrol will kill you much quicker , benzene is also carcinogenic .Dont breath the fumes when filling up .

kevymtnz, Jun 17, 4:52am
diesel is a filthy fuel and should be banned

austingtir, Jun 17, 5:12am
^^^HAHA the world would almost stop rotating if diesel was banned.Do you realise how much industry equipment relies on diesel!It would wipe probably 30-40% (probably higher) of the jobs in the country out in one swoop.Some people are just retards.

bubbles244, Jun 17, 5:38am
the preservatives in the foods we eat place us at a higher risk of cancer then diesel fuel. fn retard

aj254, Jun 17, 5:41am
I wonder if they did the tests on new cleaner burning diesels with particulate filters etc or on old smoky diesels!