Help flat battery BMW any hints

s.c, Jun 16, 5:39am
Is it safe to jump start and when I turn it over the head lights come on even though there turned off inside. It's a 2002 320 I.Thanks

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 16, 6:37am
Yes. Safe to jump start.

Order of attachment:
+ve dead to +ve donor then -ve donor to good ground on engine or chassis, away from battery. Start donor battery engine and run for a couple of minutes at 2000rpm then while holding donor battery engine @ 2000rpm start dead engine. Do not stop either engine and detach in reverse order. Then investigate if the alternator is charging the battery or whether it's just had it or there's a draw on it with the ignition switched off.

s.c, Jun 16, 7:20am
Thanks I was worried about the computer and was told not to jump start it so at the moment I have the battery hooked up to a battery charger I may have left the lights on but was more worried that as soon as I tried to start it the lights were coming on yet they were turned off !

s.c, Jun 16, 7:36pm
Battery has not charged so the next question isIs there a special battery I need to buy !

strobo, Jun 16, 7:48pm
Yep all BMW parts are special loll including the battery , special training required for sure!

s.c, Jun 16, 7:53pm
Guess I'm special too then for driving one :)

s.c, Jun 16, 7:55pm
But I know what's going to happen some guy at a battery shop will try and sell me the most expensive one when a cheaper one will be just as good so any recommendations !Thanks

strobo, Jun 16, 8:02pm
Check your hand book for the recommended battery , look for the amp/hrrating & of course thetype of battery recommended for the model car you have.any battery place will tell you. its important to have the correct one fitted . with Bosh electronics . electrical /electronic systemsfunction oncertain factory determined parameters (sp)voltage drop , charge rates etc.
especiallythat for BMW have " defiined"the limits loll

s.c, Jun 16, 8:10pm
Thanks.I didn't get a hand book with the car when I bought it are you alento buy them from anywhere !

strobo, Jun 16, 8:12pm
Google is your friend then :) supa cheap autos havebooksformost popular makes & models roughly around $80 worthy to have for basicstuff . fluid /oil quantities ,where to check levels etc andany local workshop with qualified staff can help you,or advise properly,

bigfatmat1, Jun 16, 8:54pm
it will need a euro batt recessed posts din 66 or din 88 they are more expensive than standard batteries.

elect70, Jun 17, 4:57am
Need the stereo codereset toowith new batteryif havent got the owners book have to go to dealer .

tmenz, Jun 17, 5:27am