Home painting advice please.

Page 3 / 3
gunhand, Aug 7, 9:20am
What is it you want done!

lara.in.ch-ch, Aug 7, 9:28am
I have a CF Bedford that won the N.Z. Van National Competions 5 times back in her day. I brought her off a guy in the North Island a few years ago now. He was a sandblaster/ home panel beater that had all good intentions of doing up all the cancer in her. He had a back injury which was the reason for him in selling. I have had it sitting in storage for a few years now up in Christchurch but have moved back down south. So was looking for someone to take the odd bit of rust out her and fix up the mess that he started and put her back together. I see that your from Gore i live in Tapanui. So it could work out pretty good if you were interested and plenty of experience or knew of someone locally.

gunhand, Aug 7, 9:39am
where I work I do mostly resto type work and I have done for many years. Im a painter but certainly do rust etc a well as most panel work.I certainly would be interested but garage space is limited unfortunatly so a van may be a bit big.But at work we don't mind doing it as you can afford it and our hourly rate is very very reasonable, prob about what a proper beater at home would charge anyway or not far off it, plus you get guranteed work, not something you will get with a homer as such. We do all sorts of classic type cars.

lara.in.ch-ch, Aug 7, 9:48am
Ok cool thanks. Whats the name of the company ! Do you mind if i ask what the hourly rate is ! i would definitely be interested in talking.

gunhand, Aug 7, 10:00am
Im not sure if Im able to tell you on here lol, although Im not promoting my own shop, but google panelbeaters in southland and look for the one in Mataura. And the rate is $50.00 plus gst of course.
If no luck ill just risk telling you.
Oh and there will be a blue VW picture in the add.

lara.in.ch-ch, Aug 7, 10:18am
Cheers mate i'll be in touch. Im looking at bringing it back down from Ch-ch in the next couple of weeks.

gunhand, Aug 7, 10:21am
Cheers, you wont be dissapointed, we are a friendly bunch, small shop but we take in pride in what we do.

lara.in.ch-ch, Aug 7, 10:46am
The only concern i have is that it is in Mataura. Is your yard or workshop fully locked up !

elect70, Aug 8, 1:48am
Can leadt o divorce , my ex said spent more time in the garage than in thebedroom .

ksam, Aug 8, 2:33am
I think your last bit about so and so painters is an excellent observation, and applies to a lot of trades.

sifty, Aug 8, 3:26am
Tell me about it. Have had a few occasions when I'm in the middle of something interesting (on the rare occasion I have time) and she ventures out and tells me she's 'bored'.

Bored being code for "I suspect your'e enjoying yourself without me and I cannot have that".

nathanmac, Aug 8, 8:35am
Is that a maroon one from Gore!

gunhand, Aug 8, 8:36am
Nope, green.And a local one.

nathanmac, Aug 8, 8:42am
No worries, had a guy pop in a while back with an identical car to mine, but I've lost his details.He's had his forever and a day, and could remember my Nana getting around town in hers.