1998 Toyota Aldina GT-T

mrsh101, Jul 31, 6:28am
Hi people i have the above car and it has come up with the common problem of the exhaust manifold gasket going. I am wondering if others have had this problem and who they used to fix it was thinking of getting manifold machined and gasket replaced. how much am i looking at and who to go to. need help please.

andy61, Jul 31, 8:39am
Is it an Aldina or a Caldina!

mrsh101, Jul 31, 10:43am
Caldina mate stupid auto correct on phone

franc123, Jul 31, 11:23am
They are a bit of a pig to do as the turbo basically has to be split in half. You will have to get it machined flat again no ifs or buts, its the reason the gasket blows. Could easily be a days labour involved, you simply don't know whats going to be siezed or whats going to break orstrip when messing about with turbos and manifolds. Could easily be 5-6 hundy.

r15, Jul 31, 12:13pm
i bought a caldina gtt from a dealer a few years ago and it did the same thing within about a week of having it,i dropped it off for the day and when it came back it didnt leak anymore and had a new stud fitted.cant have been too major

mrsh101, Jul 31, 8:43pm
Does anyone have any more info on where i could get this done in Auckland! Or any other information or advice needing help as love the car just need to sort this issue out.

timmo1, Jul 31, 11:11pm
Check out toyspeed.org.nz

mrsh101, Aug 6, 7:29am
Just wanted to see if anyone else can help perhaps you have had work done like this who can I go to in Auckland for this to be sorted! I know any mechanic could do it but I want one that has already done at least one of these

mrsh101, Aug 22, 8:57am
Hello anyone offer any help!