Toyota Nardia ?

escapees, Jul 24, 9:23am
Anyone have any feed back on these cars! Seem to be fairly new Jap imports.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 24, 9:49am
Its spelt without the "R".
Not that new, most I see around are over 10 years old.
Can't tell you much about them other than the pricing which I notice. They seem to be one Toyota that you can occasionally get for almost reasonable money. However the dealers still sometimes want eye wateringly absurd amounts for them.
If you are wanting something tidy and supposedly reliable for about $5K they are worth a thought. Just bare in mind you can buy a LOT of very nice car for 5K with a bit of patience so make sure you get a really nice one and don't pay too much if thats the way you decide to go.
Best of luck.

BTW, Kazbanz will hopefully be along with some advice. its just the sort of bland box he will know lots about. I think he is travelling overseas though so possibly only sign in when he is bored waiting in smokey airline lounges!

gammelvind, Jul 24, 10:15am
We love ours, the leg room esp in the back is amazing, high seating suits my crook knees. Economy is good, and comfy to drive. Don't expect huge performance, or performance handling, but if you were after that you wouldn't be looking at one. Has proved reliable but I suggest you avoid the D4 model, has issues with our fuel. I would happily buy another.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 24, 10:20am
Whats wrong with BP Ultimate!
Are you saying most of the D4D issues are down to people running the wrong grade of fuel. like it is with Mitsubishi's!

Not having a go, genuine quesion. I have not had much to do with the D4D but I hear the stories.

I could easily envisage Toyota drivers as a demographic being particularly prone to fueling their vehicles with 91 when they should be running 98.

gammelvind, Jul 24, 10:33am
D4D is the deisel, D4 the petrol. They probably would if they did use ultimate from day one, but.
There does still appear to be issues here with the pre 2000 versions of the D4. I hear the issues don't appear post 2000.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 24, 10:38am
Oh yes. whoops!
Thanks for the reply, good point about having to run the fuel from new. That's the catch, unless its a one owner one its pretty hard to know.

I have a friend who has just bought a one owner kiwi new Mitsubishi GDI with full service history. Everything seems to have been done by the book, while only a sample of one its going to be interesting to see how he gets on. He dosn't seem to sell his cars until they are well used and is continuing to run 98.

I also notice that GDI engines when used in Volvo's seem to be more reliable. it adds weight to the theory of certain demographics being more inclined to pay attention and use the correct fuel.

Cheers.

escapees, Jul 25, 4:23am
Seen a 1998 for 3250. on TM. looks like a nice car for the $$$ but dont want another lemon!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 25, 4:45am
Just check it out thoroughly, people seem to always think buying this badge or that badge guarantees reliability then completely ignore checking the vehicle they are looking at out properly.

Maintenance history and condition are far more important than the badge on the front.

Be especially careful when buying a Toyota as they suffer something known as "Toyota slob syndrome" in other words many Toyota owners do little to no maintenance.

Best of luck with it, I hope its a goodun. If its not don't be afraid to go back to the drawing board. A bit of patience buys a phenomenal amount of car for 4K.

kazbanz, Jul 27, 1:18am
Nadias have been around since 1999 last soldin 2001 -we cant import them anymore due to the emmission laws.Ive stocked them with the good old 2000cc corona engine and ive seen em with the d4 engine. they are a comfortable wagon comparable to the nissan tino. I must say I prefer the tino. An alternative car is the toyota OPA same size but with the 1800vvti engine -dont look at the 2000cc one its again got the d4

gtrnut, Jul 29, 2:24am
don't touch them -the import D4 engines haveproblems & a warranty won't cover anything exhaust related &if they have carbon build up in the intake Phlenum it's not covered either -we acid dipped a phlenum to remove the carbon build up on one and 3 months later rechecked it after running on 98 octane -it had started to build up again

escapees, Jul 29, 3:57am
We have given it a miss. Thanks for advice. Didnt want to take the risk if there arent many of them around for parts etc.

wimwom, Jul 29, 5:59am
kiwi new Mitsubishi GDI !

kazbanz, Jul 29, 9:28am
they did have a short model run-4 years . again check out the Opa--its similar and was made up to 2005 -ie 5 years and the running gear is corolla anyways