Mazda Premacy. Thinking about getting one as a new work hackrun around im interested in the first generation model with the 18 e

trdbzr, Aug 4, 3:35am
Thinking about getting one as a new work hack/run around. Im interested in the first generation model with the 1.8 engine. Is there any issues with them or things to look out for!

mugenb20b, Aug 4, 3:45am
Premacy shares its drivetrain with a Capella. No faults that I'm aware of, just make sure the auto trans is in good shape.

74nova, Aug 4, 4:26am
We got one, had it about 3 years now. when we first got it, it had an uneven idle, went back to the dealer twice and came back the same each time. I had a look at it my self and found the inlet manifold leaking at the engine block. replaced the gasket which fixed it. Cars been good ever since.

poppajn, Aug 4, 5:54am
Just done 2500 k,s around Queensland in a 2.0one, was really impressed. What a comfortable, economial wagon and peppy too. A 5 speed.

fred-a, Aug 4, 9:23am
We had a 1.8 did heaps of Ks in it with not a single problem. Usual regular servicing. Have now moved up to a 2005 2.0 model and loving it even more with the sliding doors and front and rear cams. Don't think you can too far wrong with a 1.8 but in the end with the kids growing bigger found that 3rd row of seats just too small.