Hyundai H1/Iload blown up

Page 2 / 3
splinter67, Jul 27, 10:43pm
I looked at new ones all the continental ones where awesome but a little too expensive to use as a courier van a few have them but if anything goes wrong its expensive ok so is Japanese and Korean but the parts seem to be easier and faster to get . Saying that if I was rich I would buy a vwat the drop of a hat but like most other ex couriers rich is what I was before I was a courier

supernova2, Jul 28, 11:15am
I say you got them by the hairy bits here.Clearly it wasn't OK.My knowledge of diesels is limited as well but AFIK constant smoke is not glow plugs.Sounds to me that a monumental stuff up with the intercooler job.You have now mentioned "stuffed glow plugs" and "gunged up injectors" also a problem with "water indicator sensor".The more you tell us thge more convinced I am that the dealer is not very competent at all.I'm sure Jazz and i would support your case in the DT if need be.My experience of the DT is if everything goes smoothly you can get a decision in about 2 months.Getting paid can then become another problem but I can help you there too if need be.Cheers and best of luck.

compchick, Jul 28, 3:50pm
If you're thinking about going to a Merc Vito 111 avoid, avoid, avoid.Had them as work vehicles some of biggest heaps I've ever had the misfortune of driving.We had four of them they spent a considerable amount of time in the garage.

gunsmoke4, Jul 29, 12:06am
Clogged up injectors don't cause a turbo to blow, unless water got into them and took a tip off an injector and that went through the turbo. What side of turbo is blown! inlet or exhaust.

stevo2, Jul 29, 1:56am
I know of a Rural Delivery driver in the Bay that had big failures with the Hyundai.
Jazz, Consumer Guarantees Act does not cover a purchase for business use.

nika8, Jul 29, 4:32am
Not sure what side of Turbo, getting it out of the dealer tomorrow for a second opinion. Stevo you say CGA doesn't cover a purchase for business use, really!! What about repairs and service does it cover that!

splinter67, Jul 29, 4:40am
I know who you are talking about what you didn't get told was the other 8 rural posties that are using them and haven't had major problems
It could be a case of these two vans being lemonsImalways suspicious when a near new vehicle is for sale with very low ks on it

bellky, Jul 29, 4:45am
SOGA does though I think.

clark20, Jul 29, 5:55am
You just can't help yourself , can ya!

friendly_prawn, Jul 29, 5:58am
Absolute insanity

nika8, Jul 29, 6:12am
Ya tell me about it! I would love to know how much a brand new engine from Hyundai would be

kdcentralni, Jul 29, 7:20am
Sad Sad read this my man feel for you. You have done the right thing buying another vehicle so life goes on for you, giants like Hyundai play the waiting game as people run out of patience and money and write it off etc. Persue them through small claims would be my advice, don't lie down they have massive resources but will be playing the staunch corporate internal battles with each other in head office imagine it.

nika8, Jul 29, 7:32am
Cheers, Im not giving up on this one, I know its going to be a long battle but ready to fight for it.

fryan1962, Jul 29, 7:46am
I have a Hyundai head on my ute, the motor is similar or same as a 4D56
so you might look at that as a replacement

jason18, Jul 29, 8:01am
Hey mate, Sorry off topic.You do APN and Isite Billboards! Bacbou!

nika8, Jul 29, 8:56am
Yeah that's me! Your an installer there in Hamilton!

jason18, Jul 29, 9:04am
Yeah man Mad Signtists.

nika8, Jul 29, 9:07am
Oh sweet, you getting ready for a busy month! Good time of month to lose a vehicle huh!

thejazzpianoma, Jul 29, 9:10am
Quite right, forgot about that, as someone else pointed out though sale of goods act does follow similar lines.

jason18, Jul 29, 9:36am
Hopefully its busy
Hoping the wind dies down too. Yeah always the way have you got a back up car!I use an au wagon. Was cheap and never let's me down.

nika8, Jul 29, 9:41am
Had to buy another hiace last week, I need a van for all my gear, traffic management gear, plus ladders on roof,

jason18, Jul 29, 8:54pm
Yeah fair enough what a bugger! Just keep pushing the pricks.

nika8, Jul 30, 10:09am
Update: Hyundai NZ are going to cover costs of all parts, the dealer wants me to pay them $3000 though before they order parts etc i guess to cover labour. Should I be happy with that!I still feel like they did something wrong to stuff the engine anyway after fitting the intercooler.

wimwom, Jul 30, 10:12am
Just be careful that you handing over the 3k isn't seen as a admission of guilt!

fordkiwi27, Jul 30, 10:15am
cool name!