Hyundai H1/Iload blown up

Page 3 / 3
nika8, Jul 30, 10:15am
That was exactly my feeling. The way they said I had to come pay before they would order too.Isnt the bill usually settled once the work is complete!

splinter67, Jul 30, 10:17am
Dosent seem right but it will be better than the s@#$ box toyota that you are driving as soon as its fixed sell it buy another that hasent got that lemony smell to it good luck

jason18, Jul 30, 10:35am
mmm I think they sound cover everything. 3k is a shit load of money and its like they are admiting there is something wrong so not really your fault at all!

jason18, Jul 30, 10:35am
Thanks man!

gunsmoke4, Jul 30, 7:09pm
What actually failed! And in what order! work that out then its easy to see who should pay.

thejazzpianoma, Jul 30, 10:36pm
I would suggest if you hand over the money you get the following:

* A scope of work so you know what exactly is being done

* Have them sign something to say that your payment is not to be taken as an admission of guilt on your part. I think that the term you want used is "without prejudice" but do some checking to get the wording right, this is a reasonably common situation as far as I am aware.

As pointed out above, $3000 is still a hang of a lot of money, you would want to make sure you really are getting good value for it. Also, sorry to sound like a broken record but I would still strongly suggest selling the vehicle once its running well again. You don't want to have to go through this all over again in another 3 years only to have to pay for everything yourself.

Also, personally I wouldn't be happy with being expected to cover all the labour ahead of time, a deposit at most and even then they are cheeky to ask. Talk about absolutely appalling after sales service. Why people buy Hyundai's because "servicing is cheap and easy" is beyond me, from some of the first hand stories I have hear they would have to be the worst in the country.

moggyman, Jul 31, 2:34am
Don't pay them anything. Tell them to stop any work on the vehicle and consult a diesel expert and have him inspect the motor and give you a written opinion, which you WILL need should it come to Disputes tribunal, most important. After the inspection, and the if the expert reckons there's a cockup with the Intercooler job, notify the dealer where the work was done, in writing, and I'd suggest you tell him that it's their problem and you want the vehicle to be repaired, at their cost. Remember that the Parts & Labour, if it can be proved, is covered by Public Liability Insurance. Next step Disputes Tribunal. Ensure everything that's said (both sides) is recorded in writing from here on.I am writing this from Service Manager experience and feel you have a strong case.

rbjz, Aug 1, 9:27am
I load You load We all load for I load.

shorebee, Aug 1, 10:01pm
my 3 cents is the 3k is a tax ddeductable business expense on your part and although a nuicance if you can get them to accept thta it is full final and complete contribution from you and the engine is rebuilt replaced taht it comes with a significant warranty to restore your confidence and faith in your vehicle, they have seemingly got it wrong once at an estimate of 113-20k so its a big step of faith to trust them with the project AND YOUR 3K. i would want hyundai nz to oversee and underwrite the workmanship and result.

3tomany, Aug 2, 9:52am
this is hyundais problem not youres i hope you have an email of there offer, it is apparrent they take some responsibility so should cover all costs labor included

supernova2, Aug 2, 11:20am
If Hi and dri are going to pay for the parts then clearly they know and have accepted that there is problem that they have to cover.In that case they pay for the complete job.I suggest you go back to them and tell them you want a complete new engine fitted.That will make the labour charge much cheeper as it is essentially a bolt in job.8 hours max so at the most $800.If they supply a new engine then i would accept paying say a $grand as after all you are in a better position now that you were before thge problem.Also whatever they do you want a decent written warrenty.As for the previous advice that its a tax write off - so what.unless you earn megabux a tax write off at best would mean you only paying about 70% out of your pocket.Where do these idiots get the idea that a tax write off is a good reason to spend money.Unless you can write off 100% agaiunst your tax bill (which is simply impossible) a tax write off is only a discount.You will never recover the enitre cost.

Any how well done so far !

rd02, Mar 17, 5:15am
Hi I'm a rural Post driver and I have had problems with one van, the washer that seals the injector wore a hole and contaminated the oil so my motor seized, fuel pump shaft bent, cam shafts bent, injectors faulty and so on, hyundai nz didn't want to know, cost to repair $13000. I know of another rural driver who has had the motor replaced. they are good vans but hyundai nz are not good to deal with.
parts are a lot cheaper overseas eg injectors local dealer $2500 each ex uk less than 400 pounds, why the difference?